• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fixing Stuff

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
Did some modification to install a trans cooler, old one ate the rad cause it was mounted poorly, leaked coolant 4 spots to match the cooler lol. I'm not real fond of it but I figure doing it with loom clamps and rivnuts is better then those stupid plastic spears that come with these cheap coolers, plus it won't eat the rad again.
PXL_20210726_190341666.jpg

Started putting up controls at the waste water plant, the smaller 36x30 can is for our programmable logic controller panel we'll build in our shop. My electrical contractor's guys have to label all their buttons now.
PXL_20210728_233430084.jpg

I spent part of today tossing dirt back in the last of their trench too so if it rains this weekend it'll settle everything for us lol
PXL_20210729_190608777.jpg

JLarson

Occupation
I added a small core rig to my tool arsenal recently (partly cause I love buying tools lol) I got tired of always having to rent or have cores done especially 6" and under for process lines and partial cores for anchors/posts. Since I do so much water/wastewater work on the civil/environmental side it'll get a fair bit of use.

Coring 2 3" holes for electrical sleeves in the lift station on our current WWTP, we're replacing the lid, rails, piping and pumps too.
PXL_20210730_191058424.jpg

JLarson

Occupation
I did a lil service truck modification work the other night while I was screwing off in the garage, I was tired of having all my common 1/2"over 1 1/4" or 3/4" drive stuff that I'm always grabbing pilled in 2 blue plastic bins I had to dig through. An hour with some scrap sheet, round stock, some FCAW and beer and wham one organizer lol.

PXL_20210803_023718139.jpg

JLarson

Occupation
Yeah I would much rather deal with the stationary wiring we deal with then the messes equipment manufacturers make, or trucks eew.

JLarson

Occupation
I'll run my engine drive on the service truck to make the microwave go during power outages lol

JLarson

Occupation
Seems like lately I've been getting calls for tons of little stuff on trucks and equipment, lights, air brakes, batteries, compressors, hydro leaks, no fuel.

I did go pull a rotary lobe blower and its motor at a treatment plant on Friday. Don't mix greases people. Looks like somebody mixed plain old lithium red hi-temp with something more exotic of another base and it's turning to wax. Blocked the grease drains solid too.

PXL_20211001_010459933.jpg

PXL_20211001_010504175.jpg
Boys and I finished the pond pump station at the treatment plant we're working on. Just have to run suction and discharge when we get more sch 80 fittings. Nothing like waiting for basic parts.
PXL_20210930_234006941.jpg