• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fire Job

Wawrecker

We were called to mobilize our equipment to a local city center Tuesday where a major fire in a couple of historic buildings broke out. This was personally very gratifying for me as the owner, to be asked to respond as I know you don’t invite people you can’t count on to situations like this. I’ve said it in our company crew meetings that I want our company to be the ones called in these situations many times, not really expecting it to happen any time soon as these relations and efforts take along time to cultivate. I wont ramble I am just proud of our achievements. It makes that saying you see on a poster everyonce in awhile “Success is a journey not an end†become very clear.

Attachments

• Dec21_0005.jpg
    Dec21_0005.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 738
  • Dec21_0010.jpg
    Dec21_0010.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 736
  • Dec21_0009.jpg
    Dec21_0009.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 734
  • Dec21_0008.jpg
    Dec21_0008.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 737
  • Dec21_0004.jpg
    Dec21_0004.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 740

580bruce

I also like the 200.I`ll trade you a 120-3 for it?Glad to see bus. is growing.That is a great to be the name that pops into someones head when an emergency happens.You cant beat bred and butta.Not to change the sub. How manny lost power over there? We had some cold people on this side!

jmac

Congrats on the high profile job. I think all self employed people do it for more than the money. They have to. Best feeling in the world to be building your company and see growth. The growth can come at every level, from buying the first pick up truck to you new PC-200, and then to be recognized for that growth, or just being good at what you do, by others in your line of work.

Wolf

Congrats

Nice going. How great that they called you in to do that job.

Was it a total demo, or was there anything to save of the historic buildings?

littledenny

Occupation
Owner, 2Vets, LLC
Congrats

As a local first responder/volunteer fireman and certified emergency manager, I'll offer my congrats for having the kind of talents necessary to respond to an emergency such as this. It's not a good environment for the victims, nor the responders to have to rely on someone just called up at random. It's sooooooo much easier to have someone with known resources and talents to call upon.

For those of you who want to establish such relationships with the authorities in your local jurisdictions, I'd suggest contacting your local emergency management agency. While every local jurisdiction has their own ways of doing things, the local EMA has a requirement to develop a list of local resources for their LEOP (Local Emergency Operations Plan). This action is federally mandated under the National Incident Management System (NIMS) through the Dept of Homeland Security.

The short story on an LEOP is that this is a set of guidelines and checklists that have been vetted through plans and exercises so that local leaders have a structured plan to respond to likely emergencies. One part of this plan includes canvassing the local business community for services that the local government cannot provide. This can include anything from tree removal services to gravel haulers to mobile cranes - the list goes on forever.....

Depending on how far your local jurisdiction has gotten into the planning, you're likely to find listing of firms that have agreed to respond to emergencies, a pricing structure for services and even training in disaster exercises.

In my own jurisdiction, we're as far as defining likely scenarios for major disasters, and defining requirements for assets that the county cannot provide from it's road department, fire department, or available mutual aid from surrounding governmental agencies. Take it from a guy who's involved in the planning side of things, I'd much rather consider someone who seeks me out with a list of equipment and services, than have to sit and cold call a business to ask them what they have and would they be interested in responding.

As a hint, the big jurisdictions (the Cities) who have a full time emergency manager and staff already have this figured out, the towns are somewhere in the process, and the villiages and communities, with only volunteer EMA types, or where the EMA Director title sits as a second hat for the sheriff, fire chief, or something similar, the process has only begun. It only takes a phone call or two to get things started.

If anyone is really interested in this, I'd be happy to discuss things further.

Anyway, congrats again.