1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

fire equipment pics

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by 334 lawn co, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

Wish you had a more complete shot of that ladder truck turning the corner. I haven't seen old equipment like that in quite a while, nice to see it still working.

2. D5G

D5G Senior Member

I just missed that one, I had just finished the route myself. This was an annual parade last year. Its in about 3 weeks, If I see that one I'll be sure to take a few pics.

3. D5G

D5G Senior Member

heres another one for ya:usa

Attached Files:

4. atgreene

atgreene Senior Member

My ride, The 11 Horse got hit once again, Tuesday. 2nd time in 2 years in the pump panel, both times it was code 3, both times someone ran a light, both times in the pump panel. Engineer was sent to the hospital precautionary.

Truck was slated to go out of service June 8th to go to Wisconsin for new frame rails (Pierce warranty on 10 year frame), so it is now oos and headed there soon. Also had one of our Pierce ladders hit in the pump panel this winter, down for the count permenantly now.

5. D5G

D5G Senior Member

Geez!:eek: I hope thay hand out some stiff penalties for the offenders, really..people are so stupid these days. Like they didn't see the lights or hear the siren. Got any pics of the damage?

6. atgreene

atgreene Senior Member

E-One built it for us. air ride, wetside. Goes real nice. Auto chains, full locking, etc... etc.... Nothing fancy, but we got the tools we needed to make it do the job for us. We will be buying a second one next year or the year after so we will have a pair, one on each end of town.

Here's a couple more of some of ours.

Neighboring air boat.
    Woods Buggy 1
    Utility 1 (Forestry Truck, 1 ton Dodge Cummins manual trans. 4 wd)
    Tank 2 1974 Mack
    Tank 1 (the E-One)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  7. atgreene

atgreene Senior Member

Never see any of hydrant shoveling! We do 1200 every time it snows. On regular time, seldom get any guys on OT to help.

A couple of a large woods fire last spring.

One of me right after I got hit by lightening at a fire. Was on the 3rd floor leaning against the arial when lightning struck nearby. Got a ride to the hospital in the meat wagon

And me hanging out at a 2 alarm fire on Munjoy Hill in Portland.

Attached Files:

8. atgreene

atgreene Senior Member

They write them when they can, but on average we have an incident with a fire truck, ambulance or service vehicle (we also have 5 airport trucks, 10-15 staff cars, 3 fireboats, 5 island fire companies, an electrical division and numerous odds and ends) every 3 days. Something is always getting hit or hitting something.

I'll try to get pics tomorrow.

9. alco

alco Senior Member

I know I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd love to see some pics of the airport trucks and the fireboats.

Brian

10. 334 lawn co

334 lawn co Well-Known Member

surplusonthe.net equipment auctions
    yeah, fireboats are pretty cool.

11. 334 lawn co

i'll try and find some. we only have a 16' flat bottom for our swampy sections. nothin fancy. ill get pics of it next time im around it.(we usually just use it for fishin since it hardly ever gets used)

12. atgreene

atgreene Senior Member

I don't have many of the boats, I only spent a few months there after I was promoted. I'll see what I can find.

ARFF stuff I may have, although most is on film. I spent almost 4 years of my career there, so I took lots of pics. Here's a couple, this was my truck for the last 2 years that I was assigned there. The officer got to run around in the toolbox.

I'll see what else I can find.

Attached Files:

13. pinesd3400

pinesd3400 Well-Known Member

anything to bay the bills
    Heres mine

May as well add my F900 to the list, but sorry it is now a dump truck.

14. pinesd3400

pinesd3400 Well-Known Member

anything to bay the bills
    sorry

sorry photo will not load:Banghead

15. Wrench_one

Wrench_one Well-Known Member

Mining Equipment Mechanic
    Thanks for keeping the fire guys in mind here. Great brushtruck pic's.

16. D5G

D5G Senior Member

FDNY-Super Pumper

Heres a few I found a few years ago on the net of the FDNY - Super Pumper...LONG before my time..:usa

Attached Files:

17. D5G

D5G Senior Member

more....

pic 3 is of one of the satelite tenders...I think

Attached Files:

18. 334 lawn co

nice d5g. im glad to see that this thread is still goin strong.

19. D5G

D5G Senior Member

Yea, I thought I would bring it back up, hope someone has something to add!

20. Dualie

Dualie Senior Member

ACTUALLY L.A.F.D. DOES not, HAS not and WILL not tow any vehicle with their tow trucks or rotator.

Their classified as HEAVY rescue vehicles. Used for mass casualty, entrapment and hazardous recovery's of people and things.

They contract out all their towing and breakdowns to local towers who are better trained at towing and transporting. The most towing related service they will perform is on sceene tire changes

Attached Files: