1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Finish grading using a compact tractor

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by Polkchop, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Delmer

Delmer Senior Member

2. dirtmonkey

dirtmonkey Senior Member

dozer monkey , self employed
    I think you’re thinking of the Deere 110 ‘s. I may be wrong.

3. just do it

just do it Active Member

Totally agree! but I did learn some new or different methods,nice to learn about other options;)!and different kinds of equipment:cool:!to use:D!

4. jhark123

jhark123 Active Member

This is a 210 skip loader. [​IMG][​IMG]

5. dirtmonkey

dirtmonkey Senior Member

Yup. Around here ,if you pull that on a two axel ,single wheel car trailer or a 14k gvw trailer , you’ll get a nice visit from the DOT man !

jhark123 and DMiller like this.
  6. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    Yeah, the 110's are even smaller the landscape crowd around here pays even more for em' which makes them really hard to find a good deal on a used one... plus once they've had em' a few years they're shot :(

DMiller likes this.
  7. dirtmonkey

dirtmonkey Senior Member

Oh yeah. Road hard and totally abused. Landscapers and turd herders use them a lot around here.

DMiller likes this.
  8. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    A skip loader is like hen's teeth in my area, I don't think I've ever seen one working. o_O

Ronsii likes this.
  9. just do it

just do it Active Member

I think he is talking about JD110 and a JD210 those you can put on a 2 wheel trailer:)! I do not know how a skip loader got into the forum:confused:! same model numbers totally different equipment! the forum was about finish grading with a compact tractor:rolleyes:!also JD110 and a JD210 are not compact tractors or subcompact:p! they are mowers that you can put a blade on;)!

10. just do it

just do it Active Member

ooops! they are lawn tractors! not lawn mowers:eek:!

DMiller likes this.
  11. dirtmonkey

dirtmonkey Senior Member

o_O Damn. We’re all over the place with this thread aren’t we ! Lol. Compacts, lawn/garden, skips and even hoes !

DMiller likes this.
  12. just do it

just do it Active Member

:confused::confused::confused:I am LMAO it is all true can we say what you can not use to finish grading:D Do not go there!:cool:

13. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

Yeah, for some reason even around here the grading guys won't part with them, it took us over a year of looking to get our ford 345d.... and I do prefer the jd210's over it... they're a lot quieter!! these ford's are loud rattlers ;)

14. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    I use a old Farm tractor, get multi use of it that way. Grade work, plow work, bush hog as I do not believe many skip loaders came with PTO.

Ronsii likes this.
  15. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

Our new holland has the PTO and we have run a brush hog on it when we pulled the gannon box off but like most of the smaller ones you really need something on the rear if you're going to use the loader in the front :eek: I've had the rear in the air a foot before I could feather the loader down... which on the NH is tricky to say the least!!!

I also have a little 20hp british diesel I like for running the rock rake and smaller implements on.

DMiller likes this.
  16. jhark123

jhark123 Active Member

Yep, I had to go out of state to get mine.

17. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Skip loaders here fell out of favor some time back, big investment for a specialty/minimal hours use tractor where a small dozer and as noted basically farm equipment does as well for less money. Do not believe they ballast the rears on these when new, rely of tractor dead weight and a implement attached for that ballast. With Ag tractors the rubber tends not to be suited for industrial but are often ballasted to keep the rear hugging ground. Kubota's are often seen in dress off positions with grade contractors here or the heavy work will be completed and the finish work sub-contracted to a Landscaper type company using smaller machines suitable.

Ronsii likes this.
  18. just do it

just do it Active Member

Totally covered all the gravel:cool:! well put and understood ;)!no if and or buts:rolleyes:!

DMiller likes this.