1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Finding qualified help

Discussion in 'Personnel' started by AECCorp., Apr 3, 2016.

1. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Gyppo tower logger
    'bout time ya did somethin' Hoss!

I know exactly how you're feeling, evidently our tower didn't run yesterday because 2 guys didn't show up. That's not even the fact that pisses me off the most, it's the fact that nobody even notified me the fucking thing didn't log yesterday. Culls, absolute culls.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  2. skyking1

skyking1 Senior Member

On a good (hopeful) note, my FNG is getting it done on his own on the Des Moines job. He'd like to have the mini instead of the 120, but that is what he has to work with. If I were digging that bony crap up there I'd want the biggest machine available!

Hallback and DMiller like this.
  3. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Had a good day. Got to work with a young gent on a pretty troublesome excavator. Learned some from him and hopefully I had something useful for him.

DMiller, kshansen, JPV and 2 others like this.
  4. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Sure it did-got me out of the shop, got back at 12:38.

5. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    And today the boss comes out to the shop--depressed as depressed can get. 7 drivers sick, 7 trucks with
    no drivers at all, no drivers applying, the book keeper of 20 years retired and the new one can't take the
    reins completely, used all the reserve funds for inflated diesel price, so no money for new replacement
    equipment that's setting on a dealer lot, wishes I wouldn't retire and knows he made a real mistake
    building that new huge shop and going in bed with Penske for repairs, took out a operating loan.

How's that for a pile of crap.

I said maybe I have to think about it, but if I do it's going to cost you.
    And CUT the deadwood, any driver that can't bust 3,100 mileage a week is gone, and cull the equipment.

What a day.

Old Doug, oarwhat, Hallback and 5 others like this.
  6. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    And I just got off the phone, I have a tow to Arrowhead.

muddog1975, DMiller and kshansen like this.
  7. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

sounds like a SHTF day so it didnt make into a pile

DMiller likes this.
  8. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Kinda Retired
    Dare say a lot of eyes are opening that had remained looking distantly and not closely at where the industries were headed. Was a CBS Sunday Morning news article the wife recorded on Nurses and general Med care personnel shortages, just the tip of a berg 10 thousand times bigger the Media does not want to report on as a combined issue. No industry or business is achieving employees of much value or numbers, at some point all us old fuds will be done and then where does this end up? Is not looking good.

Side edit TS.
    Recent Previous employer last I spoke with noted I was one of a few that could get it done in decent time, better fuel economy, managed to find new clients and not knowing the areas where they were without a great deal of grief. Had noted I was a scary consideration at first yet proved far better than any expectation, get on or in any machine and operate it without damage or destruction, showed concern for keeping machines cleaned and less worry, did not require a great deal of coddling as 60% of the other drivers did and they with more recent seat time than myself.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  9. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Gyppo tower logger
    Were you and I talking yesterday?

Sounds all too familiar my friend.

10. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer
    Fact is DM-boomers refuse to look in the mirror. They helicoptered and bulldozed the
    obstacles out of the way for their kids. It's not political it's a cultural thing that
    took place. So some don't get their panties in a wad.

11. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Gyppo tower logger
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times.

mg2361, JPV, DMiller and 1 other person like this.
  12. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

star gazer

mg2361, mitch504, John C. and 2 others like this.
  13. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Gyppo tower logger
    He was a good'n