• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Finding qualified help

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
Crack/Oreos aside (hydrox fan in mourning myself) the addiction/unhealthy lifestyle/"uneducated" reputation are all aspects that detract from recruiting quality help. My daughter has faced many people who are expecting her to be injured/assaulted/drugged~ pressured into drugs. Living out of a hotel isn't ideal for a healthy diet. Conversely lots of walking vs being locked to a cubicle computer has made staying fit easier.

I do believe that she has altered her dating prospects to less educated, less wealthy due to leaving school and working construction.

Truck Shop

The conservative figure is 20% of the total population is using or on some type of drug other than nicotine, which includes over the counter or
any under the counter drugs and lets not forget alcohol.

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
The internet is likely the most addictive and productivity destroyer while simultaneously providing incredible opportunity for those that can use it wisely.

Truck Shop

That is not new news-that was said at the internets inception. but the internet combined with drugs an alcohol-that is the biggest addiction.

Tyler d4c

Crack/Oreos aside (hydrox fan in mourning myself) the addiction/unhealthy lifestyle/"uneducated" reputation are all aspects that detract from recruiting quality help. My daughter has faced many people who are expecting her to be injured/assaulted/drugged~ pressured into drugs. Living out of a hotel isn't ideal for a healthy diet. Conversely lots of walking vs being locked to a cubicle computer has made staying fit easier.

I do believe that she has altered her dating prospects to less educated, less wealthy due to leaving school and working construction.
Well if I've learned anything dating as a young person (I'm 24) the prospects are not good at all.

Tyler d4c

best place to stay out of.
You find the good ones at church.......at least it used to be that way.
Now thems the two funniest things I've heard all day
Truck Shop I live by the idea of I can believe whatever I want no matter where I am at. In the end we all know right from wrong it's just a matter of doing it.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
That is not new news-that was said at the internets inception. but the internet combined with drugs an alcohol-that is the biggest addiction.
Ron White skit on sitting in a bean bag chair eating Cheetos and may I add drinking whiskey naked comes to mind!!!

As to 24 years old and profound, the only words from 24 yo.s here are profound if not profane. Seems cannot hold a conversation without the F Bomb or mass amounts of Screw or Sh!t or anything else they can muster. Seem the majority have a penchant to be obnoxious while sucking gallons of some intoxicant, doing the JUUL and talking how much cash they can drag off parents to party. For college types what floors me is cannot "Sign" their name, or do math in their head, can barely dress themselves as is shown daily by the ?Styles? they cavort in where they have MAYBE five to ten years and parents as or older than myself will be cabbages in a money sucking nursing home or completely dead and buried, all the fun ends as bills arrive with NO Money no skills sets and no sense.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
What I find is pretty funny was as walking out of our US P.O. the other day, had received a over size package from a Cuz, she sent a letter with it that I opened and was actually reading. One of the noted was with his Mommy, saw the Hand Written in Cursive letter asked "What kind of Code is that" of her, she sighed waved a little at me and they moved away. Know the family from Church, he is some Data Geek, college educated moron that cannot find a job but also will NOT leave parents house. Scary world out there.

Truck Shop

Rest of my day is shot-take one to Fairwell Bend rehook drop in La Grande, should be home be 12:30 am.

Hard to find good help.