1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Finding qualified help

Discussion in 'Personnel' started by AECCorp., Apr 3, 2016.

1. JD955SC

JD955SC Senior Member

Pumpguy, we had a guy just like your screwball. Couldn’t figure out how to start a backhoe (despite them having two at the school he went to), didn’t know the difference between 12 and 24v battery wiring (despite spending a whole day in school on servicing batteries), and had to have his hand held on very basic stuff like services...and anything more complicated, forget it he’d just stare at his laptop with an expression like a chicken watching a magic trick for days on end instead of doing the work. When he did do work it’d take him three times as long as me ( and I’ll freely admit I’m the slowest in the shop)

Wytruckwrench and DMiller like this.
  2. thepumpguysc

thepumpguysc Senior Member

Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
    They had a shop FULL OF'M.. & everything got shoved to me.. I got sick of it..
    BUT I did gain A LOT of experience fixing other guys mistakes.. & to this day, as u can see by some of my posts, just by a decent description of a problem, I can usually fix it via the web..

3. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Whole lotta truth in that statement!!

Wytruckwrench, mg2361 and DMiller like this.
  4. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    https://www.ksnt.com/news/local-new...uwaqZug7TVwl9ZWiJ8lXB064F6ZXZrVFGlXscPwlXAdZ0

So, I just happened on this story in another forum. It's a tragedy that someone's family has to deal with. Just remember Darwin is lurking around every corner with his good buddy Murphy. They are waiting for you to make a mistake, hell, it might not be your fault. You could just get caught up as collateral damage. As much as it's "not yet job or mine" watch out for the other dummy. He may be too stupid, in too much of a hurry or just plain uneducated to safety in general.

td25c, mg2361 and DMiller like this.