• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Final drive problem

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
26F2CDBD-9714-4973-9A46-AC1113EA9DED.jpeg i have a Komatsu PC75-UU-2 that has oil leakage out of the front of the final drive case. Am needing advice on a repair procedure. We have never had one apart so we know very little also. Thx

Attachments

• E8E6BABB-CF83-4051-AF79-B53F70E7D536.jpeg
    E8E6BABB-CF83-4051-AF79-B53F70E7D536.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 18

02Dmax

I believe there's an internal snap ring that's inside the groove you see there on the outer part of the gear housing. You'll need to clean that groove out very good, find the end of the snap ring (looks like a thick piece of wire) and dig it out with a pick. Then that cover will come off and you can replace the o-ring behind it.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Before you pull it down check the oil level. If it's over full then most likely the shaft seal on the hydraulic motor has failed causing the hub to pressurize. Travel Motor Centre has schematic's on their website.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Any updates???????????

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
Any updates???????????
Have not had a chance to open it up yet, planning on possibly this week. I did check to see if it was pressurized or overfill and it was not, so I am hoping it is just a seal. Will post an update ASAP. Thanks for your help !!