• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Final Drive Disassembly Prob

ak_snowbear

CT332 Rexroth drive. The lock rig will only move 1/2" then stops hard. Note the white marks. I have put some heat to it but it didn't help.

Left to my own thinking my next thot is to put as much heat into it as I can. It's about 8" in diameter so it's pretty tough to get it glowing w/o heating everything else. Another idea I've got is to make a tool that will fit in the 4 slots and put the big air tools on it. As hard as it's tagging up I doubt I can make something strong enough. Worst case is break out the welder and run a bead around it. If I could find a replacement I'd probably jump right to that option.

Any ideas appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190604_151804.jpg
    20190604_151804.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 38

heymccall

On my Takeuchi TB180FR finals, I made a two lug spanner with two hoops on top. A 4' bar thru the hoops turned it well.
On my Takeuchi finals, that ring had 4 pipe plugs threaded 90° apart to prevent rotation, removed plugs, and once it turned 45° or so, the threads self cleaned where they were fouled from the pipe plugs.