• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Filters, have I missed any?

rentalguy

As my Kato HD450VII is temporarily out of action (water pump broken), I thought it would be a good opportunity to carry out some service work on it.

I intend to change the engine oil, coolant, hydraulic, swing and track drives oil and replace the following filters :
Air, Fuel, oil bypass, engine oil, hydraulic pilot, spin on Hydraulic and Hydraulic drop in filter.

Questions -

1) As I am finding it difficult to locate and buy filters for the Mitsubishi 4D31T engine, should I just go for NAPA or fleetguard filters and have I left any filters out?
2) How can I find out the fleetguard equivalent filters for the engine and machine?
3) What type of oil should I use in the engine, swing & track drives?

As you probably guessed, I am kinda new to this, but I am keen to do this right and I am a firm believer in prevantitive maintainance.

I look forward to any helpful replies.

David

dayexco

napa or fleetguard make great filters, i use them all the time, just make sure they meet or exceed OEM's specs

will_gurt

Charter Member
Occupation
operator in extended holding pattern
If you can see any filter numbers on the filters, take these numbers to your NAPA store and have them "cross match" the numbers.

rentalguy

Thanks for the replies. I managed to get the Mitsubushi part numbers and so NAPA can help me out on the Air, Fuel & oil filters but not for the Hydraulic filters or water pump. MMD equipment (NJ) have said that the water pump will need to be ordered from Japan. Any suggestions please for the Hydraulic filters or water pump? The Mitsibushi part numbers are 689-38210010, 689-33601000 & ME080647 (water pump)
Trying to find an aftermarket water pump is proving harder than I thought, but I haven't given up yet!!

David

manohman32c

Thanks for the replies. I managed to get the Mitsubushi part numbers and so NAPA can help me out on the Air, Fuel & oil filters but not for the Hydraulic filters or water pump. MMD equipment (NJ) have said that the water pump will need to be ordered from Japan. Any suggestions please for the Hydraulic filters or water pump? The Mitsibushi part numbers are 689-38210010, 689-33601000 & ME080647 (water pump)
Trying to find an aftermarket water pump is proving harder than I thought, but I haven't given up yet!!

David[/Q
find a baldwin distributor they are great for cross referencing filters