• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Filling in Giants Satdium: Moving the Earth **video**

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Gramercy Group, Inc. (www.gramercygroupinc.com) was the lead demolition contractor that brought Giants Stadium to the ground in less than 5 months.
After the last standing structure of Giants Stadium was demolished and clean up was complete a new task began. Filling in the bowl and foundations of where the stadium once stood.

The month long process of moving 250,000 cubic yards of excavated soil from the New Meadowland Stadium excavation and combining it with crushed concrete fill was an arduous process.

Here are some of the machines that were used and a look at what it takes to literally Move the Earth.

YouTube - ‪Moving the Earth - Gramercy Group Fills in Giants Stadium‬‎

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Great video and cinematography!

53cummins

awesome video!! the guy on the loader at about 4:20 into it would get run off alot of jobs for spinning that much!

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Great vid :usa

awesome video!! the guy on the loader at about 4:20 into it would get run off alot of jobs for spinning that much!
It wasn't to bad, but at least he didn't have the bucket down at a 20% angle and the front tires off the ground. That drives me nuts.

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
Great vid :usa
It wasn't to bad, but at least he didn't have the bucket down at a 20% angle and the front tires off the ground. That drives me nuts.

See the spinning tires and bucket down a lot on skidsteers. I spent a good 30 minutes or so shooting this guy, used my gator as a tracking rig.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
It's a neat shot (@ :54) where you slowed down the film and caught the dirt/sand coming off the tracks of the D5G when it went into reverse.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
X2 I've watched dirt being moved my whole life and I don't ever think it looked so good.

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
It's a neat shot (@ :54) where you slowed down the film and caught the dirt/sand coming off the tracks of the D5G when it went into reverse.
Its quite amazing how the sand, soil and dirt flows like water when you stop and take a look at it. I spent about 30 minutes in that hole with the D5G shooting him with a variety of cameras. Could make a film just on him....

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
X2 I've watched dirt being moved my whole life and I don't ever think it looked so good.

Thats an awesome comment and compliment. During the BigDig in Boston a client said quite simply, 'Steve makes dirt look good.' You're says volumes...!!
Thanks!!!!!