• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis parts

512TR

Hey , I also just got me a Fiat Allis 645-B , i'm looking for any kind of manual,technical documentation etc. It's not so easy to find any thing here in Denmark , so everything would be a great help for me.
Thanks from Denmark

Hey Jesper, congrats with the 645-B :scool.

I ordered service manual and operators manual from SSB tractor, go down to Tractor Manual Search an fill in 645-B..http://www.ssbtractor.com/

Attachments

• ssb.jpg
    ssb.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,183

512TR

Hey mate! Nice restoration job! She looks like a beauty!!!

You've got some fantastic views from your block!

Looks like that old girl can cut a nice level!

Thanks mate,

posing pics :)

Attachments

• 061220071620.jpg
    061220071620.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,214
  • 061220071618.jpg
    061220071618.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,552

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Loaded tires

Don't know why you would load the front tires the rears yes when you are digging or moving material the rear would be light we almost always either load the rear tires or add more counterweight at our dealership. never anything in the front thats what a loaded bucket is for. We have sold thousands of Those old AllisChalmbers - Fiat-Allis since the dealer started back in the 50ths.

512TR

Don't know why you would load the front tires the rears yes when you are digging or moving material the rear would be light we almost always either load the rear tires or add more counterweight at our dealership. never anything in the front thats what a loaded bucket is for. We have sold thousands of Those old AllisChalmbers - Fiat-Allis since the dealer started back in the 50ths.

I didn’t load the front tires, they were loaded when I bought the loader.... my question was… is there any reason to keep them liquid filled?

Maybe the previous owner used the loader much off-road and load the front for better traction and stability with an empty bucket, I don’t know..:beatsme ?

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Loaded tires

That what I am saying I would swap the rear and front tires put the loaded ones in the back especialy if you intend to do any diging with the machine

rglover

I have a 545 B Fiat Allis wheel loader and the transmission fluid is getting into the hydraulic resevoir. It looks like you guys eat, sleep, & drink loaders and thought someone might know how to fix it. I would appreciate some help!

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
Welcome to HEF rglover!

And yes I also believe that there are more than one of us here that think yellow iron makes the world go round. :D

doinok

Occupation
Retired
Hi Guys, New to forum. Just bought a 745C and having to work on the transmission. I can not find any docs. on this machine. Does anybody know anything about it? I cannot find out who makes the engine or tranny!

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums rglover! :drinkup

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums doinok! :drinkup

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
745c

The engine was made by Fiat-Allis the transmission was made by Allison BUT most were not a off the shelf transmission. They were made just for Fiat-Allis you can still buy most parts for that machine though.

doinok

Occupation
Retired
dirthog,
do you know the transmission numbers that were used? I have an Allison dealer in town to get parts from but I need a #. Also I cannot find any #'s on the engine. Looks like the data plate is missing off the side of engine. I think the engines in the 745c were either the 645, 10000 or 11000. I am pulling the engine and tranny thursday. I should be able to find something on the tranny case.

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
trans & eng #

No I do not know the Number for the Transmission I will look tomorrow when i get to work the engine would be a model 11000 though that was in all the 745 series as far back as I can remember or worked on. Fiat did change the model # on some of the newest engines but not sure if they were ever put in the 745

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
engine & trans

The transmission md # is TT-4720 also some of the very late 745C had a 685T engine same basic engine as 11000

doinok

Occupation
Retired
I really appriciate the info. I just ordered a trans service manual from Newholland. Now I have to figure out what the trans and engine weight. I have to rent a skytrack to pull them.

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
trans weight

The transmission and engine each weight is around 2000# that is not the heavy part the transmission comesout through the top you must remove the cab and whole floor assy it was about all I wanted to lift with the 6000# crains we had on our service trucks till you got it swung out of the way to set it down

doinok

Occupation
Retired
Thanks, your info really helps. When you pulled the tranny, and had to remove the cab, did you pull the radiator and support or left it. I pulled the support and it looks like I can snake the eng and trans back and then up. I just rented a extended fork Skytrack. That should allow me to control height and longitudal movement.

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
removing tranny

I don't believe it will come out that way it will hit the rear axle support before you can get it high enough to clear, you only have a couple of in's of clearence. We always pulled the cab and floor on any of the loaders From the 945B to the FR35 to remove the trans. Infact the 345B you have to take the rear axle support loose to even get the engine out. Just be sure and remove the flex plate bolts between the engine and transmission before you try and seperate them there is a small plate right below the rear oil filter housing for axcess (on the bellhousing) and you will have to remove the filter canister also. then barr the engine over believe there are 12 bolts in that 3/8 fine thread. And they can be a ***** to get out and line up when you put it back together if you bend up the flex plates.

Last edited by a moderator: