• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat allis HD-41 fans.

slagpot

Hello all,

Over the last few months, I've been obtaining photos of fiat allis HD-41's.
Having never been able to see one in person,I'm forced to look at pictures. I don't have any pictures that I have taken and can't post any that I've been collecting.

What I can do is talk about this beast. While this machine has a host of mixed feelings...both good and bad. I stand in awe at the shear size of the machine in reference to a person. This must have been a sight to behold and operate. I keep telling my wife ,if we ever and I mean ever hit the lotto,this machine will be mine.
I think she thinks I'm kidding. Then again,winning the lotto has higher odds than getting hit by lighting. Might have to settle with First Gears model of it.

I've operated all sorts of dozers,but nothing of this magnitude. I can only imagine what it must have been like. Have you operated this dozer and wish to share your story and perhaps photos of it ?

I'd love to read your storys...both good and bad. Including final drive mishaps.

Slagpot

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
go buy it. One of two things will happen. Either she will get over it or leave you.

fiat41b

What do you want to know about 41's I own the last one made #75s3764 there were 13 made in 1982 I own the last one it is currently working at building the worlds largest underground coal mine here in Illinois.

Fiat-Allis merged from A-C in 1974 so the 41b started in 1974 and they only made 764 units the last ones were made in 1982.
My tractor was sold from the factory in Springfield in 1985 and sent to a phosphate mine in Florida by rail cars. However it made its way back home to me and dropped off the train again at Peabody's#10 mine which still holds the record of largest underground coal mine until this new one surpasses it. (funny this large tractor and the largest coal mines)

Last edited:

slagpot

go buy it. One of two things will happen. Either she will get over it or leave you.

Greg,

If in fact my wife and I ever hit the lotto. The only thing would most likely be which one of us gets to play with it first. That would be me, I'm sure.

slagpot

What do you want to know about 41's I own the last one made #75s3764 there were 13 made in 1982 I own the last one it is currently working at building the worlds largest underground coal mine here in Illinois.

Fiat-Allis merged from A-C in 1974 so the 41b started in 1974 and they only made 764 units the last ones were made in 1982.
My tractor was sold from the factory in Springfield in 1985 and sent to a phosphate mine in Florida by rail cars. However it made its way back home to me and dropped off the train again at Peabody's#10 mine which still holds the record of largest underground coal mine until this new one surpasses it. (funny this large tractor and the largest coal mines)

Correct me if I'm wrong and misread the above. An HD-41 underground ? I'd love to see pictures of that if you have some. I wonder if there is anyway to track some of the 764 units that might still be in operation ?
Most pictures, I've come across are in europe and here in the states. It would be intresting to see just how many are still blowing black smoke.

Thank you for the information !!!!

Slagpot

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
I know where there are (4) 41's or some other really huge fiat allis setting, being dismantled for parts....

I know where there's one on the Missouri and Illinois border right off of I-55. It looks like it has been there a while too. Anyone interested I've got pictures.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
There was on one Iron planet in Texas a week or two ago.Parts machine was mostly complete,dozer missing if remember right:D.:usa

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
This is the one I found: I took the pics with my phone so I didn't get a clear pic but I think the number is 99A02028, or 928 one of them.

Attachments

• IMG00424.jpg
    IMG00424.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 3,550
  • IMG00425.jpg
    IMG00425.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 3,568
  • IMG00431.jpg
    IMG00431.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,893
  • IMG00434.jpg
    IMG00434.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,813
  • IMG00430.jpg
    IMG00430.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,898

slagpot

Excellent pictures 95zIV,your cell phone rocks. Mine won't even do a job that well. What do you think it would take to get one of these dozers back up and operating ?

Slagpot

slagpot

There was on one Iron planet in Texas a week or two ago.Parts machine was mostly complete,dozer missing if remember right:D.:usa

Do you have to join ironplanet to see them ? Quess I should join,besides there must be more intersting machines on there too.

Slagpot

td25c

Looks like the 41-B has the semi-U blade on it ,good for dirt & quarry work.In the pics that 95zIV posted ,it looks like a U-blade,great for pushing coal & loose material.Keep playing the lotto slagpot.:D

Aussie John

Occupation
Maintenance Planner, mining equipment
There used to be quite a few 41s & 41Bs working in the open cut coal mines here in Central Queensland, Australia. Some were fitted with giant Kelly single tyne rippers for ripping shallow seams of coal instead of blasting and others were set up for working on stockpiles. Spent some time doing rebuilds on them.
Regards,
John