• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat-Allis FG 65c motor grader

kyle sutton

Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Hey everyone one of my mechanics has been working on a fiat allis fg 65c grader. The thing will not go into gear forward or reverse and we have changed the trans filter was wondering if ayone had some ideas. The unit belongs to a friend of our company owner and it has no manuels for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you. The pin is 73159122 it was manufactured in sept of 98

Deep snow

I correct myself the machine creeps in forward.
Just bought a 65B, probably '80's model. Used/abused by non-operators, poor/no maintenance, sat for probably 15+ years. Some thing happened with mine, put it in 1st gear, low range, toggled the reverser and barely got a twitch out of the wheels. Kept switching between forward and reverse and finally got it to drive for a couple seconds before losing power/speed and it stopped and rolled down the grade as though out of gear. Quickly toggled the reverser to neutral than back to drive and it took of at full power again for a second or two. It seemed to get a little better the more I ran it but am told the tube with no cover to the left of driver's seat is the transmission fill/dip stick tube. (It's missing the dip stick) I suspect it's low on trans. fluid and want to empty and flush the trans before putting machine to work in the spring, not going to run it any more until I get it cleaned out.
The hydraulic reservoir in the rear is full, no reason it shouldn't run except that the person who told me it has a separate reservoir for trans fluid is correct.
Did you get your machine to run properly?