• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat Allis 16B

I recently bought a Fiat Allis 16B dozer. It runs very well and is mechanically in pretty good shape. It needs a few minor repairs. I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to get new or used parts. I was also hoping one of you had one and could help me with my next question. The dipstick (part# 70674997) is missing on my dozer. It can be bought through minnpar for$122 with a 60 day wait. Being its just a boat plug with a strip of metal on the bottom I figured I would make my own. If one of you have one I would greatly appreciate the measurements of the full and add marks on the dipstick. I live in Michigan near Lansing so if anyone knows where there might be one near me I could measure that would be helpful also.

td25c

Cool ! Another 16 B owner operator I can swap stories with . I will get you the measurements off the dip stick & post them tomorrow evening .

Used parts might try http://www.chartrandequip.com/red-bud-il-dismantled-machines.htm

New , go to Minnparr

My 16 B is a 1974 model . One of my favorite machines to operate .

Had to modify it a bit over the years , few threads on it .

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?11819-16b-engine-repower

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?22947-opinions-of-fiat-allis-16b

Drug up an ash tree with it the other day that had fell pray to the emerald ash borer & cut it up for firewood . http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/td25c/media/100_3142_zpstbav7evf.mp4.html?o=0

td25c

Rear Fame / Bevel gear dipstick

Yeah Spartan Farmer , the dip stick under the seat is actually the rear frame compartment . That's the one I pulled & measured . The transmission stick is located just to the right from the operators seat beside the fuel tank . I put a red arrow on the transmission fill location in the second picture .

The rear frame stick measured 25.5 inch from the cap to the tip . To get the full level mark measure back 1.5 inch from the tip .

Attachments

• 100_3144.JPG
    100_3144.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 739
  • 100_3147.JPG
    100_3147.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 763
Yes that is the one I needed. Thanks for the help. I will try to post a picture of the old beast. It's not as nice looking as yours but it runs pretty good. I do have an oil leak that needs some attention. It's located on the shaft under your feet heading to the front of the machine. ATF fluid I think. Doesn't look like it should be to hard to fix. How do I tell what year mine is? I hope I don't have the crank problem you were talking about. You did a great job fixing your machine. I will be using this one for mostly fence row removal. So hopefully it holds up long enough to get my projects done.

td25c

Your leak sounds like drive shaft seals on the torque converter out put or transmission . Not a big deal to fix . The transmission could have ATF in it . The Fiat Allis book recommends ATF in extreme cold environments .

Years ago My Fiat Allis dealer told me the tractor year off the serial number . Those guys are gone now . I would guess someone at Minnparr could identify the year the same way .

That 16 B will work great on fence rows & cleaning up around a farm .Just about the perfect size machine for that type of work . Done allot of that with our machine .

Good luck with your work and Holler if you any more questions about it .

mitch504

There are a bunch of us on here who have serial number books, post yours and we'll help you out.

In the parts manual I was given with the dozer they have written "19S14246". I cannot confirm that this is my serial number because I could not find it on the machine. I did find a spot on the motor (left side rear) where there was a plate at one time but it is gone now.

td25c

That sounds like the serial number . Mine starts with the 19S as well . Go to the rear of the tractor & scrape off the crud at the top of the rear frame housing . Look on the upper right side .

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
yep; 75 by my book too. All allis,s went to number and letter serial numbers around 1970; ie 19S was HD16B. 25L was a HD11B and 40M a HD6B

td25c

Nice work d9gdon putting the 16 back on it's tracks:)

Looks good Spartan Farmer . Same blade configuration as my tractor . Did you get the root rake with it ? I see pin bosses welded on the blade for one .

That dozer will work fine taking out fence rows or whatever dirt project you have . I also see some corn still in the field . Few guys in my area still have a few acres to go yet .

Yes I do have the rake. It's a big heavy thing with replaceable teeth. I'll try to get a picture but I can't promise it will be right side up.
I found my oil leak its part #70693957 just a big seal. Minnpar has it for $122. Anyone have a cross reference chart?

td25c

Cool ! That's great you got the rake with it . Torque convertor shaft seal ?