• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fiat 50-86 v/i Hydraulic Filler

Localmotion

Hi All... hope you are ready for a daft question?!

I have a Fiat / New-Holland 50-86 vi vine tractor.

Despite several hours of looking, I cannot find the hydraulic filler (not filter)? Does anybody know where it is located on this model? :Banghead

I have looked everywhere I can think of, including under the gear lever cover, but nothing - there is also no filler ontop of the back axel that I can see. Being a narrow vine tracto,r the spool block is mounted direct behind the seat so no access directly to the top of the hydraulic resivoir. The only other option I can think of is if the filler is under the seat - but can't believe that Fiat would be so daft?

Any help would be really appreciated. :notworthy

Cheers, Ian.

BillG

Probably the best thing to do would be to contact your local dealer. It may be under a plate and might be a cleanable filter with multiple layers instead of replaceable style. When you talk to them ask if there are any special instructions, and possibly o rings that need to be changed.

Iron@Dirt

If your hydraulic suction line comes out of bottom of rear housing, it could be in the end of the line. On some models filter is in the back of the pump can.

Localmotion

Thanks all - especially Truck 505 for noticing that it is the FILLER I'm looking for :falldownlaugh

Unfortunately I don't have an operator manual and have looked on the internet in both English & Spanish and cannot locate one (or indeed any literature about this model). :bash Also our nearest dealer is about an hour drive away (and speaks Valenciano which makes life very difficult :confused:)

The tractor is quite common here, so guess I'll have to stop a farmer and ask in my pigeon Spanish unless anybody else can help in English :usa

Cheers, Ian.

Bison

Occupation
Bison rancher
See that more often on a tractor, maybe the oil in the tranny doubles as hydr reservoir.
They usually run hydraulic transmission oil in these units.

Bryan1

I own a fiat 450 and if it's any use for you the transmission is also the hydraulic feed and the filler plug is located on mine on the left of the the gear lever. On the right of the transmission is a dip stick.

Cheers Bryan