1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Fiat 10b liner installation

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by 02Dmax, Dec 17, 2014.

1. 02Dmax

02Dmax Senior Member

A customer up the road calls me up and wants me to come look at the engine in their 10b. It blew the head gasket and come to find out they had put one in it about 30 hrs prior to this one failing. So I immediately thought they didn't get something clean or didn't torque it.

So I go up there, the engine is already torn down. I start looking things over and asking questions. Gasket was blown on #5. So I get out my dial indicator and block to measure liner height. #5 is .005 lower than all the rest. So now I know what caused the failure.

So my question is- I've never installed liners in one of these engines. I've heard that you use some kind of cement in the newer Iveco's but am unfamiliar with the procedure. Fiat mechanics are long gone from my area so I was hoping someone knew which direction to point me. I've attached a pic of the number I found on the block. The block has been counterbored and equal shims were installed under the liners.[​IMG]

2. Queenslander

Queenslander Senior Member

02Dmax,
    I have a 14C which would have a similar motor to a 10B.
    Service manual doesn't seem to mention anything out of the ordinary.
    I would like to know how you get on removing the sump.
    This manual is for the FL14 trackloader, but on our dozer it appears it would be just as easy to completely remove the motor.
    I need to replace big end bearings.
    Cheers, Greg

View attachment IMG_NEW.pdf

3. dirthog

dirthog Senior Member

heavy equipment mechanic
    The 10C had a OMCP3/100 Fiat engine in it and I beieve the liners need to be pressed in the honed. Have to see if I can find any of the manuals for that engine. Oh and the 14C has a 8205 different type of engine all together.

4. 02Dmax

02Dmax Senior Member

I removed them by hand so these weren't pressed in.

5. Andrew_D

Andrew_D Senior Member

6. 02Dmax

02Dmax Senior Member

Thanks! I'll try that.