• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fermec 965 1999

arcticafrican

Hi all, I have a fermec 965, the other night I was plouging snow and hydraulics stoped working. Its due to the wheel position sensors. Any way I was moving it back and forth to get it to work again and then it suddenly stayed in reverse. I can shift it to forward, neutral, reverse and it just goes backwards. Then I shut it down and now cant start it at all, I assume because its in reverse. So any ideas why its stuck in reverse, how to get it out of reverse to start it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am supposed to maintain a hotel yard in winter with it and snow is coming down and cant move it…

Mquinista

hy, i have an 860 1995 , not much of a diff in power train...
these machines are equipedd with 3 diff GB over the years and regions... but i guess it work the same
I recomend checking the electrics... the reason it can´t turn the engine is cause it is engaged. u must have the of gear light on.
Gear engagement is done with solenoid valves under the cabin floor, u might have, several faults on electrics that can lead to that, even the shutle lever , wich is a basic switch. on and off.
For the hydraulics , u can find a bypass valve bypass at pump, i wouldnt be surprised if u have an electrical problem messing up both things... in mine the bypass only affects 1 body of the pump, therefore it´ll have hydraulics as long as there is oil and engine running.
good luck.

arcticafrican

Hi, Thanks for that and sorry for the late response. I figured out that I had accidentally switched on the forward switch by the joystick so it was engaged and not starting. So that solved that issue however I have the electrical controls on mine and the hydraulic issue is still going on. It is very sporadic and can just start out of no where... It will start to judder and then just stop all together. Sometimes if I switch on the rear wheel steer then it just kicks back to life and works for a bit again or if I just switch off and restart then it's happy again for a while. This tends to happen mostly after it has warmed up for a bit. It will work fine for about an hour or so and then start its nonsense. I have tried cleaning the joysticks and calibrating them. Calibrating everything basically. (Steering, backhoe, front bucket levels bla bla bla) But it always does the same thing...
any ideas? I will check the wheel position sensors as I have been told that this can cause this issue but I am not really sure what to check. I will just open and make sure they are clean. Is there a way to bypass them?