• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Favorite track pads

Cairoh

What track pads do you guys have the most luck with as far as durability and longevity.

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
What lasts depends on who is operating and what type of habits they may have....
are they cutting hard turns going fast? Do they turn the tracks a lot when The machine is at a dead stop?
Do they know how to control the mouldboards (front and back) so the tracks aren't spinning effortlessly? Once you have those answers you would be able to gauge what type of wear you get...cairoh I'd like to work for you if you have all that money to spend on chains and track pads over winter....hahaha

I liked BLS back in the day but all I see lately are tuffpads.

QuickTrax

Milling drum, bls and tuff pads are one in the same. A few different companies manufacture poly pads. All of the manufacturers have levels of quality with different pricing.

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
In the old days before 2 piece pads I used to wonder why some would wear so easily and quickly as opposed to others. I was completely unaware that a different volume of grade was available.

QuickTrax

The two piece pad is the way to go but changing from the bonded poly pad to the two piece is costly.