1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Favorite phrases you use

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Truck Shop, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Shimmy1

Shimmy1 Senior Member

Why you looking at me??

Ronsii likes this.
  2. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    I wasn't. Just something I tell the kids.

Shimmy1 likes this.
  3. Blue924.9

Blue924.9 Member

Usually when talking about our line of work.

If it were easy everyone would do it, and if everyone did it it wouldn't pay for ****

MarshallPowerGen and RZucker like this.
  4. Randy88

Randy88 Senior Member

Don't chew your fingernails, reminds me of burning a house down years back, we had to have the septic pumped to demo that as well, so the area drunk showed up with the pumper guy, [to help him I guess] and as the pumper man sucked and blew back and forth to clean out the tank, we had to add water with a garden hose to get enough liquids to suck up the sludge. So as the homeowner and I both watched, the drunk came over and picked up the hose, which was hanging into the liquid inside the tank about three feet, pulled the hose out and drank from the end and then stuck it back into the tank. The homeowner and I both looked at each other and said at the same time, did you see that, then we each had to walk away and sit down for a while, that got us both. To this day when I see that homeowner, he always brings up the subject of watching the town drunk, pull the hose out of his septic tank and take a drink, he even told me once, after that, he's never taken a drink from any hose he's ever had, not even if its brand new, you never know where its been, and I'll agree with that completely. So if you think you've seen it all, about then someone will come along to prove you wrong, never in my wildest thoughts would I think anyone would do that...........then I was proved wrong.

The upside was, the drunk lived till just this last year, a drunk driving single vehicle incident got him in his upper 70's.

Wytruckwrench and Ronsii like this.
  5. Randy88

Randy88 Senior Member

If it took no work, no brains, there was a lot of money in it and plenty of press coverage, all the politicians would want our job.

wornout wrench and Ronsii like this.
  6. Oldcatpusher

Oldcatpusher Well-Known Member

Must be your a$$ talking cause your mouth knows better.

7. JD955SC

JD955SC Senior Member

I’m using this. Today if I can.

8. Oldcatpusher

I tell it to my woman everyday almost.

9. Oldcatpusher

I wouldn't say $hit if I had a mouthful is another one of my favorites.

10. Randy88

Randy88 Senior Member

We buy them books and send them to school and what did they learn??

Its a good thing they sew your name on your shirt otherwise you'd never remember who you are.

I've heard it several ways before, "you must have taken the old employment application test, the one that used crayon's", "it might be close enough for government work, but around here we don't use crayon's."

I'm no Indian scout, but where's there's smoke, fire is usually close in the area.

An old timer once told me, you only need to know a few things about tiling [ag drainage], the machines needs a cab with heat, be on tracks, have a winch and water runs downhill, ability to maintain grade will determine what you can charge, the better you are at it, the more you can charge.

So and so has forgotten more than you'll ever know

Ever notice that when your kids are in trouble, your wife always calls them your kids, when they do something good they are hers, when they do something really stupid, she'll ask you, do you know what you son or daughter did today? Ironically, their all adults now and I hear it just as much as when they were toddlers.

I've heard my wife say this quite a few times over the years, "I taught you to walk and talk for this"??

A neighbor lady used to say this all the time, your mother went through childbirth for you, why??

Your mother would be so proud about now

When you turn 18 and can vote and move out, you can join democracy, until then its a dictatorship, get used to it.

I'm a machinist to the nearest inch and contractor on grade to the nearest foot.

I'm the ultimate tree huger............ I won't let them go until they're pulled out by the roots and laying flat on the ground while......... using an excavator and thumb.

11. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    If brains were gas he/she couldn’t power a pissant’s gokart around a Cheerio!

Truck Shop likes this.
  12. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

The enemy of good is better.

RZucker likes this.
  13. ScottAR

ScottAR Senior Member

I'll never forget ol' what's his name....

14. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

One that my dad used after watching the nightly news, {If there were two people left on this planet one would be busy looking for a bat to kill the other one}.

15. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Dam thing wouldnt pull the skin off rice pudding. Use that one with Tugboats or Trucks

16. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

Reminds me of a friend's description of 2n, 9n, 8n fords, at a tractor pull, "aint got enough power to pull a sick ho, offa p iss pot"...;)

17. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
  18. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Somehow, I think there would be a woman involved. ;)

19. DIYDAVE

DIYDAVE Senior Member

donkey doctor and Oldcatpusher like this.