• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fat Allis Next Surgery

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Just off the horn with the supplier, I received Last of on two pieces, will not have them to reorder, they are THE provider for these.
I had a package disappear a couple weeks ago, same thing I was wondering where it was so checked online and said delivered front porch..... went out... wasn't there???? checked all over the place, out by the gate, down the fence line, by the neighbors gates.... nowhere to be found :( next day I'm getting ready to call and find out where it went - checked on line to get numbers and tracking info... and all the sudden it was back in tennesee somewhere :confused: so a few days later it finally showed up.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Problem with the idiots delivering this stuff is most use MAPS Directions, that puts them at the old owners house down the hill, he and I are not on terms but has answered me on Messenger that no package showed up.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Just off phone with FE, Customer Service is performed from ATL and Nashville so made the request the Columbia MO Office gather up THAT delivery Driver, bring them TO Hermann and Show me where that package was placed for 'Delivery'. The office Manager is speaking with that driver currently and is supposed to call me when that is completed. They are working to stem BAD reports on my part from hitting the Media, and YES I did say I was going there should this fail to produce results.

Stated I wanted the Driver HERE Facing me to show ME where they placed these materials.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Have had trouble like that with UPS in the past. Claim package was delivered or "could not locate address". Well where I live there are about four houses in a row and around a 1/4 mile between each of them and no farm paths to confuse anyone. Think maybe they got new glasses for driver or maybe new driver as have not had those problems in a few years.

I know that at one time if you entered our house number into Google Maps it would show as being halfway between us and nearest neighbors house so that might have been the problem. But then our house number is in four inch high numbers on top of mail box so that is not a good excuse!

Hope they do find the package especially due to the last available parts situation.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Either whomever the Fedex moron delivered to, or the delivery person found the package. Was awaiting a call from the Distribution center mgr. all day, went down at around 2 and checked our USPS mail but none yet, wife just got home checked mail and pulled Fedex box up the hill. Not even been wet yet, thinking one of two possibilities, either the agent and the manager(Who was going to ride with driver today) found it and quietly dropped it off or the agent actually dropped it at the Post Office yesterday(Mail would have been gone by 9) or someone was feeling generous and hauled it out to our address as it had been misdelivered. Either way the ODD parts are in the box and Here, guess that means Back to work.

PS already called Fedfks Cust Svc and told them has arrived.

Labparamour

Glad you finally got your stuff.
Was thinking maybe was like the Seinfeld episode where Newman just put all the mail in a storage locker so he could knock off early ;)

Thankfully, UPS and FedEx good here.
It’s USPS I get frustrated with...

Ronsii

Occupation
Glad you finally got your stuff.
Was thinking maybe was like the Seinfeld episode where Newman just put all the mail in a storage locker so he could knock off early ;)

Thankfully, UPS and FedEx good here.
It’s USPS I get frustrated with...
Funny you should mention that... A number of years ago there was one ups guy we had at our other shop east of here that would check off boxes as delivered and stockpile them in his garage so he only had to make one trip a week out to the boonies where we were... He started getting complaints about what he was doing when people would track their package and wonder where it was.... when it said delivered!!!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Oddest activity of note, around 3:30, started seeing Fedex vans, THREE of them a GMC a Dodge Frtlnr MB, and then a Ford HiCap, all running all over back and forth around our little slice of nowhere. I suspect Turd delivery driver screwed more than just OUR delivery up. Last I saw not 10 minutes ago two of those vans were headed back toward Hermann.

Ronsii

Occupation
Some of that may be amazon screwing with fdx, kinda like that here when I am working in the neighbors shop/garage I'll see amazon type rigs go past 5-6 times a day!!! And I hear they're back to using fdx after saying they were banning 3rd party shippers from using fdx...

gtermini

Either whomever the Fedex moron delivered to, or the delivery person found the package. Was awaiting a call from the Distribution center mgr. all day, went down at around 2 and checked our USPS mail but none yet, wife just got home checked mail and pulled Fedex box up the hill. Not even been wet yet, thinking one of two possibilities, either the agent and the manager(Who was going to ride with driver today) found it and quietly dropped it off or the agent actually dropped it at the Post Office yesterday(Mail would have been gone by 9) or someone was feeling generous and hauled it out to our address as it had been misdelivered. Either way the ODD parts are in the box and Here, guess that means Back to work.

PS already called Fedfks Cust Svc and told them has arrived.

That sounds like Fedex "SmartPost". It's a BS low cost option sellers use. The package is shipped Fedex for the first half of its trip, then handed over to the post office for final delivery. The really crummy thing is smartpost packages are used as truck fillers to top off loads. So your package gets a tour of the US while you wait. I get a email saying delivered. Then right after another email saying they failed to deliver. These show up when the package gets to my local post office. The post master here has gotten mad about the barrage of packages from smartpost without PO boxes listed and started returning them to sender. So I have to make sure to list the box number even when I think it'll be doorstep delivered because it might go smartpost.

myz8HkOl.jpg

E27AG02l.jpg

rArJG4Bl.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Did not get that. Checked with PO here, they did not have a package thru FE for us yesterday I did Call them. Shipping was noted as "Front Door Delivered". Got a little further today, did not get to exhaust, going to have to reduce pipe size off turbo to be able to bolt up. 3" any radius overlaps bolt holes, back to square 1 with that, only 3" between bolt holes.

crane operator

While we're talking about Dmiller's projects, is that a old incandescent bulb I see peeking out of your light? I tried to get replacement bulbs for my old handscorcher a couple years ago and gave up. Are you destroying the planet by using those old energy wasting bulbs? And a better question, do you have a stash of the old drop proof incandescent bulbs I can steal from your shed when you aren't looking?

And while I'm asking dumb questions, please tell me your shop clock is stuck on 12:00 because you can't figure out how to set the time on it, it can't be that you snapped the picture just after stopping for lunch. :)

trouble light_LI.jpg trouble light_LI (2).jpg

crane operator

Now I know whose shop to raid.....

and there's medical terms for people like me, they use lots of capital letters shoved together when they are talking to me about it, but its hard to pay attention that long.

That and I'm so poor right now, I can't even pay attention.

hvy 1ton

And while I'm asking dumb questions, please tell me your shop clock is stuck on 12:00 because you can't figure out how to set the time on it, it can't be that you snapped the picture just after stopping for lunch.

and there's medical terms for people like me, they use lots of capital letters shoved together when they are talking to me about it, but its hard to pay attention that long.

I've been surprised by the things you notice in pictures before, but I was dumbstruck by this one. I had to scroll down to the picture, find the clock, scroll back up, re-read your question, scroll back down, and wonder how you even saw the clock let alone the time.