• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fat Allis Next Surgery

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
D324C6AC-7254-4F73-B8D9-847A4C8024C7.jpeg 1BE483BF-460D-43BE-ADF1-C0CED87C7BEE.jpeg 1AE6A20F-FDEC-4537-90C5-81B82FB39E64.jpeg C87DD03E-F411-417F-B92F-3413901D598C.jpeg Today was productive
Fan hub disassembled awaiting pieces
Have a shat ton of small gaskets coming want them here before take any more down
Went ahead and got ready to gas axe the nose pivot bolts, cleaned off a lot of residue so no fire and got the big adjustable wrench on first nut. It moved without aid so took that one apart moved to second one just as first. Five years ago using a impact and the same adjustable wrench Neither of these would budge, today they almost came off by hand WTH?? Angel sat on my shoulder today, will ask for support visit to Crane Operator and AU.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Today was another 'Busy' day, run for parts for Deere Mower, chase down some ordered parts, order more, get home to neighbor with a farm gate on a wagon, lower chain end corner rotted completely away. Asked if anything could do, so dragged a chuck of the cutaway shards from the Grain body out, welded a small patch to connect the tubes, for a little while longer. May get a year before the bottom tube fully rots away. So back in the shed, awaiting other stuff start considering where need to go with exhaust elbow. Currently have a 3" Sch 40 weld 90 on the way, will cut a flange to bolt up in place of the mess on there now.

I inherited this bird shat pile, had it fall apart twice since owned and it is going away.

IMG_6922.JPG
That is but half of the rest of the day, this being the search started directly after

IMG_6921.JPG IMG_6919.JPG

Best ANYONE could tell, this is likely OEM,
Is a T0448, have a T04B80 coming, this series interchanges to nothing and the ONLY Allis still in the records is for the 3500 inline six, pretty well identical in appearance, just not certain of the displacement values. Even Garrett has little information anymore on these.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
All coolant hoses are off, local shop retrieving the pieces I ordered along with the little tube grommets for the fuel return line fittings. Gaskets all cleaned up and awaiting the MINNPAR order to arrive.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Have had this discussion with others. I will scratch and patch and drag a machine along until ready to ship it off. It will be as right as I can make it for the next sap to own it where cannot say I left it a pile of smoldering rubble for a fee!!! See too much of that of people 'Selling' Sh1t these days, paid a price for worn slick, wore it out further and want the dime back Plus change, NOT on my watch.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Showed up last night, know nothing of the company but at least Tested UK.

Attachments

• IMG_6934.JPG
    IMG_6934.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6935.JPG
    IMG_6935.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 28

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Today was busy work, cleaned off the rust scabs that used to be Turbo mounting nuts, cleaned off the garbage elbow assembly, Clock aligned replacement turbo and now need hardware to set it. Steel is coming to build the replacement elbow, Monday most likely.

IMG_6945.JPG IMG_6946.JPG IMG_6947.JPG IMG_6948.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
No, removed just before sat that on there, was for Crumbs and chunks entry prevention only. TIG Tape, aluminum tape for sealing SS with gas inside, discard roll from years ago.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Just finished connecting up the Turbo lines, not liking the old Rubber Grommet tubes, these may get replaced to conventional hoses.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well was working in shop getting aligned for turbo elbow and get a notification from FEDEX, Pkg has been delivered, at my Front door. Never heard a truck so go out and look, No package, look on drive, No tire tracks.
Great Just Great, all my gaskets are in that shipment, some parts were Last On Hand so now what. So contact FE, get the automated POS, then move to a Human who sends out a Lost Package notice to this deliverer. Two hours later person from TN calls verifying not delivered, sends out info to driver that SUPPOSEDLY delivered, asked to give them until Thursday to locate. Great, just great. Between Delayed deliveries, extended time deliveries, and now lost delivery FE is not gaining much appreciation here.

colson04

I hate it when a package, especially an important one, goes AWOL and the shipper hasn't a clue where it went. I've been down that road, it sucks. Especially for something hard to find like your seals. I hope they come through for you and get it delivered quick.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Just off the horn with the supplier, I received Last of on two pieces, will not have them to reorder, they are THE provider for these.