• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Farmer from Colorado

BryceH

Hello everyone,
Just joined tonight. We run a grain farm in Colorado and I am looking to learn more about root plowing. I see it is not a overly common topic on here when I look through old threads. Hoping to discover some info over the next few weeks and put something together to cover some acres this fall. Any and all insight will be appreciated as I start putting questions together.

Pony

G'day from Australia.
Back in the early 90's I spent 12 mths working on a ranch near Wild Horse Colorado. Sure is different country to over here.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to HEF BH!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Not real sure of the term "root plowing." We do have people around here that do sub soiling with a dozer and rippers. Eastern Washington has lots of land that has a layer under the top soil that as recall is either rock or some type of material that packs up and won't let water drain. Is that similar to what you are describing in your term?

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Is this what you mean?

Delmer

Bryce, do you mean a blade plow like a Noble, or Minimizer for crop ground? Or a land clearing blade behind a dozer for clearing brush land for farming? You'll find more of the bulldozer style for removing tree roots here.

BryceH

Hello everyone, by root plowing I mean running a horizontal blade at a depth of 2-3 ft. It is a moderately common practice in TX and other states where they have mesquite trees. Here is a random example off Youtube.

Delmer

Have you tried searching this site with a search engine instead of the search function in the site? that usually makes it easier to find what you're looking for. "root plow heavyequipmentforums.com" or "blade plow...