• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Fall protection , fall arrest , safety harness

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
No kidding spud, you are a lean mean building machine. I suggest you save all the higher risk stuff for when someone else is home.
That would leave me only 2 days a week to work lol. I rather get the fall protection system with lanyard, it's only $160 from 3M made for welders. I can always either cut my way out or climb back up the way I fell, I do have the strength to grab a rope pull myself upside down and clamber back up upside down.

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
They make deployable stirrups that you can drop and then put your legs in to take the pressure off after a fall and prevent the suspension trauma problem.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
you go up in the morning and hang a retractable on those and then pull the retractable down to the top of the ladder. then you can hook on and climb up on the roof safely.

And you only have to do it once. You secure it to the ladder after you are on it and it is there ready before you step back onto the roof. Your short lanyard strung over your shoulder makes it easy to hook and unhook.

skyking1