• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Faked CAT 140H grader from China

Mevas

Banned
Occupation
Owner MEVAS Machinery Evaluation
Self-made "CAT" grader from China. It seems they copy everything.

We have been ordered to inspect a Caterpillar 140H grader in Shanghai. After one minute on site we could see already this machine is not a Caterpillar at all. We know about the feature-reduced machines from China for the Asian and African market. But this unit here was even not the cheaper CAT 140H version but just a faked Chinese machine. There was even no Caterpillar engine mounted in this unit. The serial number plate was copied from a machine which has been sold initially in South Africa.

Attached some pictures without comment. See yourself what you would receive if you purchase such "CAT 140H" from this place. We can just recommend to be carefully and send an inspector on site.

Used machine inspections in Shanghai can be performed by www.mevas.eu
Prices for standard machine inspection in Shanghai starts from 690 Euro.
JPG_201311201543029.jpgJPG_201311201544237.jpgJPG_201311201545445.jpgJPG_2013112015431312.jpg

MutsMachines

Occupation
railroad worker
the transmission looks like a john deere style and everything else to me looks like champion. just my thoughts on it. this post just goes to show what doing your homework on heavy equipment does.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I have been posting about this kind of chinese knock off junk and the quality issues there are with all chinese products from dog food and tooth paste on up through steel, castings and now this. It is so hard to imagine that here are actually a few on here that post in defense of the chinese and their disasters that the proudce and pawn off on the rest of the world.

READ IT AND WEEP!!!!!!!!! Anything who buys from them gets what they deserve.

Occupation
CEO - Roo Attachments
mate its not even a CAT grader it is just a trading company in shanghai painting it with CAT and crap i know heaps of people who have been ripped off by them in shanghai run away from shanghai and any company who is saying that they will help you. CAT dose make a 140H in china and they use real CAT parts and they look nothing like these in the cabs seen a few of them in aus they showed up with around 500hrs on them.

Mjrdude1

Agreed, no part of that machine is Cat, and doubt the decals are Cat either. lol
Looks like an old 'brand x' machine with fresh paint and decals.

Graderfan1981

Time ago I have seen on a selling site, a Galion Grader is faked with stamps from Caterpillar.... it is so terrible why some think they only can sell when the name "Caterpillar" is on it.

emmett518

You have to hand it to the mainland Chinese. They have balls.

I used to sell high-end test equipment that could not be sold to communist countries. We were warned to be careful about companies trying to buy our equipment when the type of company would never typically use any of our products.

Sure enough, Chinese companies that allegedly sold houseplants or pet food would call, wanting to buy $100,000 data analyzers for chip design. When questioned why a houseplant company would need a data analyzer, the excuses were hysterical.

They have no shame.

This is Chi-coms, not American Chinese.

emmett518

Does that one use a "Spam can key" instead? =D

I remember China Diesel. They actually made decent generators, but were shut down due to emissions issues.

Instead of glow plugs, they had a cavity in the block, where you could insert paper or kindling, and light it up to heat the engine. They could also be serviced with a rock and a hammer, like the old Land Rovers.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The prefix XZH is listed in my material and shows built in China. The last number for US machines that shows is 2381 which is a 2010 year model.
I will note that in the photos the exhaust stack is different than any I remember on a Cat. The cutting edges on the blade appear to be worn to the edge of the moldboard. The paint job appears to be very thick. The photographer did a pretty good job of showing nothing that might give a negative thought.