• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

F750 HVAC

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
My service truck is giving me fits. She's a 2012 F750. Early in the day A/C blows fair and cold. As the day goes on air flow chokes off, fan still trying. Then sometimes the air acts like it just flipped off, air flow chokes off and gets hot. Compressor is pumping, pressure is good, lines are hot and cold. Anyone got any idea? I don't have any schematics or descriptions on who does what.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
The blend door actuators are a known issue with those rigs. They can act erratic vs totally failing. The linear motor chip goes bad in them. Something to consider.

heymccall

The loss of air flow indicates evaporator freeze over. The evaporator temperature sensor is suspect.
This video gives a gist of what and where, but, on this one it's reading low. Yours is likely reading high.
If you read the comments, one put a hole on the box and was able to change it without the 10 Ford hours labor.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I had speculated the possibility of freezing, the evaporator never stops dripping. And if i shut it off, it stops dripping after a minute or two.
Are these doors controlled by a BCM or something like that

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic