• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

F600/F700 suspension seat options

MG84

I’ve got a ‘80 F600 and ‘88 F700 that I’d like to install some sort of suspension seats in. F700 has air brakes so probbly air ride seat in that and mechanical suspension seat in the F600. I’ll do some looking in junkyards for OEM seats, but short of that what aftermarket options are out there? I assume I’ll need ‘low profile’ seats and I’d prefer mid-back height seats like would have come stock in these years. Also would like something that I could get a matching fixed passenger seat. Anyone done this swap from bench to suspension seats in one of these medium duty F-series trucks or C-series chevy?

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
The 2013 F-650 I drive has an electric air seat that is mid rise. I find it comfortable on distant trips. I'll look for a brand tomorrow morning as I have a delivery to make but I think it is factory.

MG84

Thanks for the replies and the links,
I put one each of these in my '97 & '98 C7500 trucks. The adapters were required even though I already air seats in both.

These are what I bought.
Seat kit ..... 178111PS

Seat ...........185069cn37
Those look promising, I was able to pull up the first one but not the second P/N. What did you use for a passenger seat?

heymccall

The gray box in that post is a hyperlink to that seat.
For ford, it says "only for replacing air seat", and makes no mention of passenger seat.
You'll need to contact them or keep searching.
The 178111PS is the install kit brackets for Topkicks, not the seat itself.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Seats in this F-650 are factory without any tags I could find and are high back. They both have built in electric air compressors. Guess I don't really lean back in them so never paid much attention.

Last edited: