• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Extra! Extra!

Where do you get your industry news from?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul Wright

Occupation
Construction Software
If you work in the construction services sector - or if you're just a big Gearhead - I'd love to know where you get your industry news from.

td25c

AM radio WHAS 840 out of Louisville .
Rush comes on at 12 pm with the news .

serveimage

https://whas.iheart.com/featured/rush-limbaugh/

Tony & Dwight at 6 pm for the comedy session drive home .:)

https://whas.iheart.com/featured/tony-dwight/

Last edited:

Mother Deuce

Business Agent... for the really important stuff concerning my position directly. HEF for an enormous amount of news, industry developments, maintenance developments and technique and round table discussion on a myriad of topics. Equipment World Magazine for whats happening now in the gear and safety markets.

If I find myself with a insatiable need to be irritated, I start with any media outlet.

Last edited:

dozr

Occupation
excaving
Hef everyone in field would tell you wrong knowing it was wrong, love to to look here at what you guy go though to god bless all yall my to cents

wlhequipment

Occupation
Mechanic
Anything on the radio / TV / internet is complete BS (except for this site of course!). Trade mags are ok, but really out of my wheelhouse, so to speak. I've learned that in this industry, most people prefer personal contact anyway. I've made a few contacts in some companies that deal in construction, but maybe a little different than me, such as materials, processing, manufacturing. I call those guys every once in awhile and take em to lunch. Most of time time we're just flapping our jaws, but sometimes something good comes out of it, like a business lead or knowledge on new stuff coming out. Kinda clumsy, but that's the only way I can.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I follow some of the people I've worked with and for on LinkedIn. I regularly see a percentage of them in what little amount of work I do anymore. I spent entirely too much time on here. I do read the trade rags but all those have to be taken as nothing more than advertising. Once in awhile something new comes up in a periodical that I make some calls about to get the real story.
Why do you want to know?

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
HEF !!

I subscribe to some forestry magizines but they aren't much help fixin' stuff :)