• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavators I have operated over the years

telescooper

Hi 812 Harleys; I operate telescoping boom excavators, Gradalls. I would sooner run a tracked excavator, But have alot more seat time in the telescopers. Does anybody else operate gradall's out there?

812harleys

Occupation
Equipment operator, mechanic, some office work on
Thank you Mr. Deas, that really helped alot. Hi, telescooper. That one is called a 'Little Giant' and is very similar to the Grade-all. They said we used to have a Grade-all before I went to work there. I have only ran this one a couple of times a year but wouldn't want to run it everyday. That 8 way stick get some getting used to!! It's pretty sticky compared to the John Deere controls but once you get used to it, it will do a real good job with the bucket being able to rotate. Still don't like having to articulate the bucket with your feet though:confused: Does Grade-all make newer machines??

telescooper

Hi 812 Harleys.. Gradall still makes excavators, tracked and wheeled ones. The new ones are pretty snappy function wise. I operate an older G3WD, it has pilot controls. I have operated once or twice an old Koring bantum, It had the three levers, foot bucket controls, and foot swing controls. It was ok once you caught on to it.