• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

excavator will not spin

mark mansa

gehl-192 mini excavator will not spin, took out swing motor thinking shaft was broken off but it is fine. with bucket off the ground you can spin machine around manually. any suggestions?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Have you tried connecting the hoses to the swing motor and see if the motor rotates when it's out of the machine..?
When you operate the swing control do the hydraulic hoses to the motor tense up like they are getting pressure..?

mark mansa

Have you tried connecting the hoses to the swing motor and see if the motor rotates when it's out of the machine..?
When you operate the swing control do the hydraulic hoses to the motor tense up like they are getting pressure..?

no I did not! But when I spin the motor it grinds can there be something wrong inside it? the pinion gear is perfect no wear at all?

mark mansa

the machine is a year 2000 with low hours on it I was told when I bought it the pinion gear shaft was broke that is why it would not spin oviousley they did not pull the motor out to check it!

mikebramel

If you can spin the house with the bucket in the air and the machine will not rotate under it's own power something is probably broken internally. Whether that is the motor shaft, reduction output shaft or the planetary gear sets inside the reduction box

mark mansa

response

If you can spin the house with the bucket in the air and the machine will not rotate under it's own power something is probably broken internally. Whether that is the motor shaft, reduction output shaft or the planetary gear sets inside the reduction box

OK the gear inside the swing motor housing is broken at the top . do you know were I can get the gear made the company gehl does not have the part available it is 90 days to get new motor for 3k?

mark mansa

response

OK the gear inside the swing motor housing is broken at the top . do you know were I can get the gear made the company gehl does not have the part available it is 90 days to get new motor for 3k?