• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator has no hydraulic controls

brent lindberg

I have a Kobelco SK140. it is a gray market machine and I purchased it used. it sat for a couple of years. now when i try to use it, I don't have any hydraulic controls for the tracks, cab, buck/boom. I do have controls for the thumb. The thumb was put on after. I was having similar problems before I parked it but a simple ground would solve the problem for a few hours. any suggestions? I think it is more of an electrical problem rather than a pump problem.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Have you checked the disable control ? The thumb may not be effected because it is not original to the machine.

heymccall

What about the pilot solenoid? If the safety switch is getting and passing voltage, is it getting to the pilot enable solenoid? And, if it is, is the solenoid coil continuous (resistance wise)?

BigWrench55

Sounds like a safety switch to me. The little bar that you flip up on the left side of the seat. If your thumb is working then your pumps are fine. I would also check the solenoid that the safety switch operates.