• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Excavator GPS

OExcavating

Wanting to go to gps for doing field drainage. Any suggestions on what to start with or what not to use . All info good and bad is appreciated.

t_dirt

I sell Topcon, so take this for what it is worth. The Topcon X63 GPS for excavators works great, it is accurate, user friendly, and very versatile. It may be a bit expensive for doing field tile but it could also be a huge time saver!!!
Contact your local Topcon Dealer and see what they have to say!!!
http://www.topconpositioning.com/dealer-locator
T

Kellogg Report

There are operators on this forum that can tell you about their experiences of owning the various brands.

For a detailed comparison of the GPS excavator systems on the market and explanation of the various features, you can visit The Kellogg Report online.

Compare GPS excavator systems

madisonmiller

Banned
Occupation
Business
This may help you>>>Spam link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

yones

Occupation
mechanic
very good information
continue the good posts, thanks madisonmiller
I expect another post
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
:salute :salute :salute :salute :salute

dirtfan

Hello all:

This is off this threads topic, but I would like some input from some of you.
I have been using GPS for grading and layout for the last 5 years. Recently I was put on a job that will require some blind grading with an excavtor, and some possibly under water.
Will an indicate GPS system on an excavator work for this, or am I dreaming?

Thanks in advance: Dirtfan

Big Iron

Occupation
Project Manager
rt rr antena.jpgCB430 mounted.jpg2nd stick sensors.jpg
this Trimble CGS990 unit worked dredging in up to 15' of water for 9 months and is still working fine today, so yes they work just fine under water. only problem we had was when the operator hooked a stump under water that he could not see and tore off the bucket sensor cable. unscrewed the waterproof plugs screwed in a new cable and back to work.

ColUp

Been looking for more information on GPS tracking. Useful info, thanks. What kind of price are these devices - it is something I most definitely want to consider, just hope it's not something I most definitely won't be able to fund for my machines.