• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EX50URG BATTERY RELAY

ELKHUNTER#1

Do you know anything about the fusible link that attaches to battery relay?mine had a wire burned apart,can they be spliced or are they sacraficial like a fuse?

ELKHUNTER#1

Thanks Dave,I'm having a heck of a time finding these parts,i'm thinking of getting fusible link wire and repairing mine,any thoughts on that?

Diesel Dave

Did you check at your Deere or Hitachi dealer ?
for
4249775 relay
4191038 fusible link
I don’t find any amperage specs for the fusible link, so it would be a crapshoot for what material to use in a splice.

ELKHUNTER#1

Thanks Dave,I was able to order through JD equip dealer,there sure proud of that stuff,I'm also working on 1968 case 450,brakes are frozen,do you have any knowledge on dry brakes?machine was fine 6 years ago but brakes locked while it sat,probably just need to disassemble,clean,reassemble,any thoughts?

ELKHUNTER#1

I replaced battery relay,fusible link,new starter,turned on key,nothing at all,no power,no lights,ran a jumper from +batt terminal to ignition switch,everything lights up and works as it should,any ideas on wtf is going on?

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
You need to take a multimeter and stab the dead center of the positive post with the red test lead and then stab the positive terminal of the key switch with the black test lead while turning the key to start and read the voltage loss in the cable and swithches. If you have like more than 0.75 Volt recording on the meter then, start to work your way back through the harness plugs till you find which connection is causing the voltage drop. Remember if live power from the battery to key switch makes it all go, then key switch and all else is good. The feed power supply is damaged, coroded, or loose in a plug in. You may need a schematic to follow the path back from Key Switch. Sorry I don't have a schematic for it or I would tell you which numbered wire and colour to follow.
Simon C