• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EX200 playing in the snow

jmac

Dawn thanks for the advise, thats what I was thinking 928/924 size for snow and dirt. I will not be buying new either so what I have to spend at the time will be the issue. I have a skid steer but this year didn't use it at all because my truck is much warmer and the blade is 10'2" so that worked fine for me. The skid is small when it came to loading trucks in the winter and summer so a bigger loader would be nice. Used a friends 928 last week and it worked out great, had 10k hours on it and he paid 60k for it. For just snow removal I can't justify, but for plowing and removal and summer work I think I could. How big of a pusher can you put on a 928?

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Dawn thanks for the advise, thats what I was thinking 928/924 size for snow and dirt. I will not be buying new either so what I have to spend at the time will be the issue. I have a skid steer but this year didn't use it at all because my truck is much warmer and the blade is 10'2" so that worked fine for me. The skid is small when it came to loading trucks in the winter and summer so a bigger loader would be nice. Used a friends 928 last week and it worked out great, had 10k hours on it and he paid 60k for it. For just snow removal I can't justify, but for plowing and removal and summer work I think I could. How big of a pusher can you put on a 928?

Not sure what your snow is like but here ours varrys so much what works 1 day will not the next. You also have to take into account weather you will be using the pusher at only 1 site or be transoprting it between sites. If you will be transporting it around and it is over 8.5' wide expect to get stoped for a wide load now and then or you could move it around on a trailer and nothave to worry.
I think the loader will handle anything up to 16' with out much trouble. In light dry powder it will handle 24' and wet snow a 10' pusher on a long run could bog down the 928 or you could loose traction. Then you have to look at chains, plus I would have the tires siped for the times you run with no chains. With siped tires you will find you can use the machine 90% of the time without chains.

You have to look at the overall picture before you buy one.

I forgot to add "forks" as a needed option.

jmac

Dayexco, how big is the 544? same as a 928? Spoke to a friend of mine that could get involed in the plowing next year with me and he thinks a bigger loader would be good with 18' pusher. He has 6 yard New holland loaders that he would rent to me for the winter or provide a driver and we come up with some way of splitting the contract. What I am looking at is a Home Depot, grocery store, and large plant all on the same street and was done by the same guy this year.

Last edited:

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
I think the Home Depot contracts are seasonal, My friend does the one in my town and gets very good money for it.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Boy some guys have the most fun (I'd love to have to pull apart a pile like that)

would you like a lifetimes work?
This was taken today durning lunch with my wife. "Mendenhall Glacier" from N. Douglas. My home is in the trees just in front of that slow moving chunk of ice.

Attachments

• Mendenhall from N Douglas web.jpg
    Mendenhall from N Douglas web.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 349

iceberg210

Sounds like a great lifetime job digging with an excavator, might get a bit old after a while but sure why not. And when your not working you can be fishing. Crap anymore thinking and I'll be moving to Alaska soon lol.

Oh well great place you got there you sure live in some beautiful territory.