• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

EX200-3 Hydraulic Pump Conversion Kit

Lex Carter

Pete,
We too are in the middle of a conversion to manual controls on a hitachi EX-200. Unfortunately our kit came with no instructions and no hoses. That said, I think I have been able to glean enough information on the net to get it mostly put together. I was wondering if you figured out the problem with your machine. I ask because after looking at your pictures, I wonder if we plumbed into the wrong port up by the control valve by the differential pressure sensor. After some very hazy instructions, we ended up concluding that the hose going to the control valve should go to the inside port. Part of me wonders if you are still having problems if that could be your problem. However, if you have better instructions we may be wrong. Would love some insight as to how you determined which port to plug into. We have to still build the hoses and put oil into the machine so we will likely find out tomorrow if we messed this up.
Thanks,
Ray
Did you find the port on the back side of control valve. I can not find the port shown in the instructions i have. EX120 2

Bigdavis41

Installing on a John Deere 490E the pump is the same as hatchi 120 but the control valves are alittle different don't have the port instructions shows to hook to

Charles64

I have a 200-3 and installed the conversion kit as the instructions told me to, as best I could figure, (really bad instructions) and when I started the machine it will slow idle only under max load, move any valve and it stalls. I took out the spring on top of the new control piston and engine runs fine but got slow power, I then put the spring back in and still only have slow power, tracks will only go in slowest speed whatever speed I select. After I took the spring out and tried it the piston that is above the spring came out, I slid it back up in with the spring back in but it does not go to full load like before I tried it with the spring out, something changed when I tried it with the spring removed. anyone know what might be going on here? Opening track valves should call for more pump stroke but it doesn't.

Braden

I have a 200-2 put the pump conversion on and solved most of the problem MS but not my hydraulic oil temp is through the roof has anyone else had this problem

Rafik Manzah

I have a 200-3 and installed the conversion kit as the instructions told me to, as best I could figure, (really bad instructions) and when I started the machine it will slow idle only under max load, move any valve and it stalls. I took out the spring on top of the new control piston and engine runs fine but got slow power, I then put the spring back in and still only have slow power, tracks will only go in slowest speed whatever speed I select. After I took the spring out and tried it the piston that is above the spring came out, I slid it back up in with the spring back in but it does not go to full load like before I tried it with the spring out, something changed when I tried it with the spring removed. anyone know what might be going on here? Opening track valves should call for more pump stroke but it doesn't.
Hi did finally work for you? If yes can you share pictures? I ex200-3 and still trying to install the conversion kit

Rafik Manzah

Hello this is my first post and i need some help i dont type much so when i screw up try to look over it thanks. Ok my problem is i bought a conversion kit it did not have instructions thy say thy cant get instructions an i have searched everywhere. I have read thru the forums an see where people have installed them an thy work great but no one tells where it all goes i think i can figure out where the hoses go but no idea about springs /plungers/shims. I will pay someone for a copy of instructions i need to get it going thanks for any help. The pump is a HPV091ew / RE23A . thanks terry
Did it finally work for you? I am struggling to get my ex200-3 to work with the kit

renato fabale jr.

how

i think you should not remove the spring because its purpose is to position the swash plate at full stroke before you reach the cut off pressure. try cutting a little lenght of the spring to lessen the pressure exerted by the spring to the swashplate thereby reducing also the cut off pressure of the pump consequently, reducing the load carried by the engine. it will reduce the max pressure but it will not stall the engine.

Fiat 80 90

Hi just ordered my conversion kit for ex 100-2, was looking up diagrams for installing and i noticed the bottom stopper at the bottom of the pump is'nt shown in the 120 or 100 diagram, just the 200. is it required and if so what does it do???

kimojames

I have an ex-200 with auto idle and all the electronics. Does the conversion kit come with a new manual throttle cable also?

smithmoto

I have a 200-2 put the pump conversion on and solved most of the problem MS but not my hydraulic oil temp is through the roof has anyone else had this problem
Would you be willing to walk me through the install I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but everything wants to work but just not enough pressure to move and thing