• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Euclid Belly Dumps

euclid

Occupation
Engineering
If I can make myself quit laughing, this is my only experience with some Euc belly dumps. My dad, my shop sup't, Cajun dirt Sup't, and myself were attending a big auction in a neighboring small town. The owner was retiring, and trying to sell every piece of const. eqt that he had. Of all eqt out on the spread, Nobody, and I mean Nobody, even took a look at the (5) old Euc belly dump units (smaller capacity, prob 20 cy, if I had to guess, with the clam-shell drive wheel rubbing on the rear tire) he had sitting out under a patch of Pine trees.
Ingenious as we think we are, we thought to ourselves, "Man, we might be able to buy that stuff and put it to work" Then, immediately, my very old-fashioned dirt sup't, w/ LOTS of experience w/ the Euc belly dumps said in his best Cajun voice, "Uhhhhh-uhhhhhh T-Mack, please don't buy dat stuff.......... we don't have any black people to rund dat stuff"........... "A white man can't run dat all day"

I know this is so stereotypical South......... but he really believed what he said and that's what makes it so hilarious. Those rigs must have really made you yearn for supper at quitting time.

Well in my youth I could run with the bestof them, although I was up in the panhandle of texas and no down in the swamps of Louisiana. BTW where abouts are those belly dumps? I'm up in Arkansas a little above El Dorado. I'd like to see those old piecs if they are still around.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Great pictures in those links above . . . one is the only shot I have ever seen of a push cat "sliding on" as we used to call it.

This was discussed in a push loading thread a while back.

Cheers.

621_Rocker

Cat-Athey Bellies PW660 100 Ton

At the Ritchie Brothers Auction this Thursday in Gillette, Wyoming, there are a number of Athey PW660 setups that are set up to be pulled by Cat triple sevens. If you have a Ritchie Bros. account you can see the pictures of lots 77, 78, 80, & 96 or look at the link: http://www.rockanddirt.com/search?l0=trailers&l1=ATHEY&l2=none&l3=invnum=4153582

I like the concept of these large bellies. I would like to use them in a big cut with a Holland loader. As long as you are not dealing with to big of rocks I would think that these bellies can be very effective in large cuts and hauling fair distances to fill areas on sight. These bellies were originally designed to be pulled by Cat 660s.

I chose to post on this thread but I could have just as well posted on these other threads:

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.co...Haul-Trucks-with-Bottom-Dumps&highlight=athey
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.co...0-666-Cat-Scraper-info/page14&highlight=athey
https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?14727-Haultruck-identification&highlight=athey

Last edited:

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Yair . . . Great pictures in those links above . . . one is the only shot I have ever seen of a push cat "sliding on" as we used to call it.

This was discussed in a push loading thread a while back.

Cheers.

I remember that thread. Do you mean the pic of the D9 getting on the other D9 in front of it?

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Buckethead. I don't have time to check through those links mate and I can't remember what which picture I was alluding to.

"Sliding on" was picking up a scraper at a slight angle so initial contact was across the push block and then as the tractor lined up you released the clutch and decell and made some smoke . . . bit hard to describe but once you got it right it worked a treat, very smooth, no jerks . . . had to keep those scraper hands happy y'know. LOL.

Cheers

gd10r

I went to the auction site the weekend before the Gillette auction, great looking iron I will find time to post pics soon. G

mkimes

Hello, Can anybody advise if they have recently seen Euclid B70's being run in Ohio. Plus I heard there are a few in Canada. I am aware of the Alaskan ones, but I am looking for some in the lower 48 or Canada. Thanks...

oldtom

Occupation
diesel equipment maintenancesuperviser
way back to the workshop at least in later year post 1968.

Wyo-Bob

Occupation
Retired
In the last picture of the decal on the side of the box.There use to be a story told about the guy pointing in the decal.QUOTE]
Just found this site, and sure looks like a great one for a old boy to reminisce on, thanks to all for the great pics.
My first post here and it may get me banned, but the joke among operators said he was holding in his piles with one hand and waving for a mechanic with the other.
I believe Dirtwhore has the real meaning.
Euc's have always been my favorite,TS 24 hands down, always said the worst twin is still better than the best single engine. I will post some pics, but be forewarned, they are old, all in the 50 & 60's

Tvan

Occupation
Supervision now Days
At one time there was quite a few in AZ and Texas, I know some of the ones in Alska came out of Tenn.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Texas Industries recently had a couple of B70's still in operation at sand and gravel plants. Possibly a couple of B30's also. Back in the 80's, at TXI, we had about 10 B70's and 5 or 6 B30's in operation at our sand plants. I left in 1990, so don't know what happened to them all.
As far as I know, the last 2 B70's purchesed by TXI, were purchased used, in about 1987 or 88. I went up to Montreal, Canada and purchased them for the company, from Mussens Equipment. We had them loaded on flatcars and shipped by rail down to Texas.
All the TXI B70's had big single wheels, no duals, all had Detroit power, and all had enclosed cabs.
Great machines.

Hello, Can anybody advise if they have recently seen Euclid B70's being run in Ohio. Plus I heard there are a few in Canada. I am aware of the Alaskan ones, but I am looking for some in the lower 48 or Canada. Thanks...

d9gdon

Texas Industries recently had a couple of B70's still in operation at sand and gravel plants. Possibly a couple of B30's also. Back in the 80's, at TXI, we had about 10 B70's and 5 or 6 B30's in operation at our sand plants. I left in 1990, so don't know what happened to them all.
As far as I know, the last 2 B70's purchesed by TXI, were purchased used, in about 1987 or 88. I went up to Montreal, Canada and purchased them for the company, from Mussens Equipment. We had them loaded on flatcars and shipped by rail down to Texas.
All the TXI B70's had big single wheels, no duals, all had Detroit power, and all had enclosed cabs.
Great machines.

There were a couple of these Euclids in operation at the sand plant between Meridian and Burleson a couple of years ago. I think Trinity Industries owns that plant.

72hayes

Occupation
road builder
does anyone know what happened to the Euc belly dumps that were in Moses Lake Washington.
there was a yard full of them for years and then one day they were all gone.
Doug

TNCINC

Does anyone know where I can buy a few B70's? There is non in Alaska for sale