• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Equipment trailer flexing

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
One other note CAN burn either in a stove but NOT a fireplace
Full of oily sap that causes the logs to snap and pop throw pieces like a roman candle
Burn SMALL amounts too as burn hotter as can imagine will turn a stove to a blast furnace

Old Doug

? I do not understand.

Just a comparison of different wood types. Wood for posts not floors.
Because of the thorns. Me dad built a house were they were thick and he left some because he didnt want it to be bear . You can burn the thorns off them by starting a fire around the base but they come back. There is a tree here that he burnt that has thorns over 6 inch long. It was a nightmare mowing the yard for years couldnt keep a tire up on the lawn mower.

Old Doug

I was out moving my tank storage unit today and went to pickup something in the leaves there was a thorn it poked my thumb it almost went under my thumb nail.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Everytime I work in them end up with thorn tips working out over weeks, little needle points break off pretty deep and end up being rejected infected messes before get them back out.

terex herder

The honey locust thorns can kill you if you don't get them out. Nasty things with all sorts of bacteria, kinda like mother nature's punji sticks. I knocked out some of the trees earlier this week that had thorns on thorns. Some of the shaggiest trunks I've seen.

Old Doug

I thought the thorn had come out but when i got home it hurt so bad i thought there must be a some in there. It was one of deepest splinter i ever removed i got it out.

Truck Shop

That's why I like living here in the NW, way less crap to stick or stab, bite or sting you. No tornadoes, no hurricanes, no wild hogs, Way less major flooding, no lake effect snow
And No honey locust covered in fire ants. Just a volcano and a ground shaker now and then.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Family of ours lives in GA, they found a cure for the Fire ants during high water, a little squirt on the Ant Raft of Dawn soap and they sink/drown as if made of Lead!!!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Red Oak will do almost as well as white, just do not accept Swamp Oak as that rots like sycamore.

HogValleyFarm

Hi all! Sorry for the very late update on this I have been very busy! I managed to get the trailer just about 100% straight by simply pushing down on the corner with my dozer blade. I ended up contacting a local saw mil and was able to get some nice rough cut white oak boards. I let them dry out and treated them with a water sealer. I ended up painting the trailer with rusty metal primer, and them a gloss black finish. (after it was fully sanded down of course.) I ended up re doing all the lighting and wiring, including a new break away battery and cable, and a new 7 pin connector and junction box. Also brand new fenders as the old ones were just about rusted to nothing in some spots. Overall I am very please with how it came out! It hauls my 3000lbs mini around no problem! T 10 InkedIMG-2636_LI.jpg T7 IMG-1562.JPG T8 IMG-1563.JPG T9 IMG-1664.JPG