• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Equipment Demos?

Pecord Exc

Try Foley's in Dirty Jerz, or HO Penn in Poughkeepsie has been good to us bought a new 304cr in 2005 and a used 312b in 2000 both instances we have been happy

JBSSU

I got a flyer in the mail from HO Penn today...they are offering 0% for 36 months, 1.9% for 42 months, or 2.9% for 48 months on all skid steers & minis.

Aliate

how much is a brand new 272c? because Im in the market for a used 272c but Im only trying to spend 30-35k

nvm just checked, 60k for the one I want, tough to decide what to do...

Last edited:

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I deal with the H.O Penn store in Poughkeepsie and can't say anything but good about them. I only own a 248 skid steer I bought in 2000, yet whenever I walk in the place I'm treated like an old friend. Unfortunately Cat assigns sales areas to dealers and they aren't supposed to cross those lines. I don't know which dealer you'd be assigned to, probably one of H.O. Penn's locations. Try calling Poughkeepsie or Bloomingburg and see if they will work with you, if they try to refer you to the Bronx explain how you've been treated there. I'm pretty sure they will accommodate you in some way, but if not, then call Cat corporate. They are very serious when it comes to customer service.

Red Bank

To back up Steve's post, Cat is not the only one with strict sales areas, we run into this all of the time based on where our home office is located at. By the mailing address we are thrown into a separate sales area, but because of the location we are in and have been for the past 12 years we prefer to deal with our local dealers. Cat, Komatsu and John Deere have had to handle this problem internally and it usually involves me emailing someone at the main dealership to explain why we want to deal with a particular dealer. It is not too big of a big deal to do it, and it has actually helped our relationships with the dealer. Another thing to add, I understand how you are feeling about not being big enough to be treated right, I felt the same way in the past, but if a dealer can see beyond that and see that he can build a lasting relationship and has faith that you will continue to grow then it will benefit both of you. Another point, walk in the dealership like you own 40 wheel loaders:D

CT18fireman

Occupation
Owner
I have nothing but good things to say about HO Penn in Poughkipsee either. They brought me demos all the way to Danbury, CT!

I can't say my latest purchase has gone as well. Looking to buy a compact tractor with loader and backhoe (Like a Kubota L series). Kubota & Deere are both advertising 0% blah blah but would not bring me a demo. The dealer for Kubota, basically said, "We're Kubota, why do you need to demo it?" Even other brands were leery of a demo. All of them would/did let me play with them on their property including digging. I did get New Holland to let me have a discounted rental, free delivery and pickup and rental applied to the purchase.

As a side note, when I am thinking about buying, sometimes we will rent a machine with some hours on it. Yes they are beat and that is the point. Good to look for repairs, welds, new parts etc. See how they hold up.

Aliate

Ill have to check out HO penn in poughkipsee it sounds like. Im a little far from them but its worth it.