• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

equipment charge

How do you charge for your equipment?

• Charge by the hour with a minimum.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Charge for the whole job.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • If by the hour charge when it leaves your yard?

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Charge only for time used on the site with no minimum.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
For my old backhoes I get any where from 25 to 40 an hour. It depends on the job. I dont rent any out. If I have to take my homade boring machine out its 25 an hour. If I have to do light clearing or Demo work with the hoe I get 30 an hour. the Dump track gets 15 to 40 an hour depending on if its haulin dirt rock or debris. It also depends on the person to. Things are tight here and I vary my costs Like last week i put in a septic system for an elderly couple that couldnt afford much so i knocked off a good bit and they had their grand son help me put in the field lines. When my brother was in business he got 45 for back hoe 50 for the dozer, 60 for his grader and 60 for the excavtor. I think he got30 an hour for the rollers.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
What a difference geography makes! Up here, nothing runs for less than $75/hr with a 4 hour minimum. Prices go up from there depending on the machine.

DKinWA

Charter Member
Occupation
Biologist and Contractor
Taylortractornu-

Things must be really really tight where you're at. I won't even load my little 40 hp tractor for less that $250 and I get $50 an hour for it. When I'm using a backhoe (416 cat) I'm usually trying to bid to make $75/hour and a 312 cat excavator at $100/hr. These are the two most common machines I rent for projects and I bid in one day increments. Basically I estimate how many days it will take and round up to the next full day.

Now my dumptruck is a little different. We've got so many dump trucks around here the best you can do is $50/hr solo and $75/hr with trailer. I just charge a flat $50/hr for it and if I'm not busy, I'll take it out for an hour and not think twice about it.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I have a different situation, My old hoe is old lol. Its a 1975 and takes a little more time to do some things. It usually balances out on some jobs. If i get called in to fix anothers mistake it goes up a bit. I usually have a 2 hour minimum. My brother wouldnt move unless he had 250 minimum.
I dont have alot of over head and its my side job Dad and I both are between jobs, I build brush rakes during the night and between jobs. This is the first slow back hoe week ive had in serveral months. At the lake I get a bit more because of the terrain and the fact those people like to pay well lol.
The econmy is terrible here weve had 3 plants cut back and the Trailer plant i landfilled for it went out of business. Or supervisors dont seem to like new industry here.
Im the cheapest around in septic tanks and field lines, well most every thing I do is cheaper Ill add a bigger price for dozer and excavator work when i get them.

Landman

Charter Member
Occupation
Landscape, Excavating, Paving, & Snow Removal Cont
$500.00 per day with operator (8 Hours)
$350.00 1/2 day (4 Hrs)
During Snow storms $225.00 per hr with a 2 hr minimum.
All rentals are based on the time we leave the yard until we return to the yard. Overtime is $75.00 per hr.
Anything outside of a 20 mile radius add $150.00 transportation fee.

dozerman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner operator excavation
rates

all are with operator with a $100 move in charge
580K-$75/hr
td-7 dozer-$75/hr
EC-55 excavator-$80/hr
EC-55 w/rock hammer-$150/hr
EC-55 w/ brush hog-$95/hr
33000# truck-$75/hr