• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Equipment Accidents

9420pullpan

here are some of the pics of accidents that i have found.....
#1 hoe stuck
#2 D11N
#3 there is a D8R on top of the wheel on the excavator

more equipment and equipment accidents in my photo album at

http://client.webshots.com/user/xbl003x

Attachments

• TOO FUNNY.jpeg
    TOO FUNNY.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 49,477
  • d11n.jpg
    d11n.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 22,946
  • post-483-1115057045.jpg
    post-483-1115057045.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 109,475

dumptruck

What happened to the excavator. is that ice or snow on top of dirt.? Might be a litlle cold if the heater doesnt work! :)

9420pullpan

i believe it fell into ice then it snowed. thats one of the best ones i have ever seen....... how bout the D8 on the wheeled excavator>>>>

9420pullpan

here is another view of the D8 wrapped up in that wheel excavator.........

Attachments

• pic1164.jpg
    pic1164.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 40,470
Last edited:

9420pullpan

just 1 question. how do you get that dozer out of there with it wedged in there. that must have been a job in itself........

Lochoe115

Wow!!

That is unreal... How could it possibly make it all the way up! and how stupid would the operator of the cat have to be to come in contact!

alco

What happened to the excavator. is that ice or snow on top of dirt.? Might be a litlle cold if the heater doesnt work! :)

Long story short, the excavator was on the way to rescue a grader that dropped into very soft material. The operator (being a genius) took the same route as the grader and the hoe dropped in since it weighed more.

The machine sunk fairly deep and they built a pad out to the machine so they had a stable base to work from for the recovery. Building the pad took several days and since it was in the winter, snow accumulated.

They were able to dig the machine out without incident.......tailings sand is wonderful stuff.

Brian

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Looks to me like another flaw in the "high track" design. :cool2 :D

alco

I don't think it's "dumb", I think it is more like one split-second of carelessness. Or taking unnecessary chances to impress people.

I can't say about the dozer and bucketwheel or the crushed D11, but the buried Hitachi definitely was dumb.

Brian

Occupation
Student
hey guys,the picture of the excavator in the water is in canada.check the boom and you will see the logo "wajax".It`s our local dealer of hitachi excavator.But sorry,i dont have more information about this accident:beatsme

alco

hey guys,the picture of the excavator in the water is in canada.check the boom and you will see the logo "wajax".It`s our local dealer of hitachi excavator.But sorry,i dont have more information about this accident:beatsme

I can show you exactly where that picture was taken.

Brian

alco

Ok Brian:notworthy ,Where the picture was taken,i`m curious:D

The picture was taken on the North Toe Berm of the Mildred Lake Settling Basin at Syncrude's Base lease in Fort McMurray and the hoe belonged to North American Construction Group. If you want more specific details, it was about 100 meters from the bottom of the cell 19 ramp.

Brian

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
The picture was taken on the North Toe Berm of the Mildred Lake Settling Basin at Syncrude's Base lease in Fort McMurray and the hoe belonged to North American Construction Group. If you want more specific details, it was about 100 meters from the bottom of the cell 19 ramp.

Brian

I know exactly where your talking about...... :D