• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Employment opportunity

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
I'm currently making 152 USD per month as an airport operations instructor..my relative who's living in Canada say's it's better there than here ...
"airport operations instructor" equates to exactly what ?
How to direct the operations at an airport ?
Ground crews & the like ?

doublewide

... Got chased by a mother rino in our Land Rover....
Tenastelin Mr Mwangi, Just to clarify.. the mother rhino was not in the Land Rover. We were in the Land Rover, trying to get away from the baboons when we came upon the rhino. It was all our driver could do to get away from her as he was driving in reverse.
DW

@james..@everyone..in our country opportunities are scarce and go only to the politically connected or the wealthy..also 152USD pay here is merely enough..I would be willing to come there and work to raise the required cash to put me through an associate degree and anything else that I would require to be employed either in the airport or as an operator or civil engineering environment..as per our communication earlier I am writing to formally put in my request for an immediate emergency assistance..I would be willing to share all my credentials including police clearance certificates..Thank you for your kindness and consideration during this most difficult time..

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
This is a heavy equipment forum. Its where random guys from all over the world help each other fix their machines, hobnob and pipe off about what's wrong with the world. You are probably not going to find any emergency assistance from anybody here. You might talk to immigration officials or an immigration lawyer.
To be perfectly honest, to many people from the West, the only contact they have had with a Kenyan has been with a scammer. Nobody with their head screwed on is going to hire or sponsor some random guy who shows up on an internet forum. Also to be straight, Kenyan credentials aren't going to be worth much of anything in the US, and I doubt in Canada either.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums CKM!

Had the opportunity to spend 6 weeks in Kenya back in the mid 90's. College buddy of mine that graduated 1 year before me joined the Peace Corps and was stationed in Taita Hills just east of Wundanyi. Spent those 6 weeks traveling from Nairobi to Mombasa. Memories that will last my lifetime.

As others have said we here on HEF won't be much help on the immigration side of things but one thing I do know is here in the southeast US we are looking for men and women who want to work and further their career.

You need to start out at the bottom and work your way up. As silly as it sounds one needs to learn how to grade with a rake and shovel before they even step foot in a machine.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Welder Dave

If you get into Canada just about any job will pay more than $152/month. I don't know how the immigration process works but probably helps you have relatives here. You might be able to start off as a laborer for a landscaping or construction crew if you get through immigration. Good luck.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Better welfare bennys

from the OP:
"I am writing to formally put in my request for an immediate emergency assistance"
Also because Canada is generally easier to emigrate to than the US. It is extremely difficult for someone from a country like Kenya to legally emigrate to the US. The only easy ways into the US are to 1)Marry an American. 2) Have an employer sponsor you. Even with a sponsorship it can be very difficult for someone to enter with work skills in the labor/trades/blue collar segment.