• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Elgin Pelican hydraulic pump

Shimmy1

Anyone around here familiar with Elgin sweepers? Our city sweeper is down, and they are claiming $5000 for the hydraulic pump alone. I will get the exact model and serial tomorrow, all I know right now is it's a 1996 model.

They want $5000 for the pump, and $10k in labor to change it and clean up the system.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Anyone around here familiar with Elgin sweepers? Our city sweeper is down, and they are claiming $5000 for the hydraulic pump alone. I will get the exact model and serial tomorrow, all I know right now is it's a 1996 model.

They want $5000 for the pump, and $10k in labor to change it and clean up the system.

Elgin used contract vendors for their pumps with both Rexroth, and Char-Lynn being large suppliers. You don't really need to stay with a particular brand but you do need to know the cid of the pump to replace it with something else so the change will be linear. Same thing with hydrostatic drive pumps with Sauer-Sundstrand being predominant. Smaller pump and things go too slow, larger pump and things go too fast, etc.