• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Electrical issues Using a Bobcat 6 way dozer blade on a Takeuchi TL150

I just purchased a Bobcat 6 way dozer blade to use on a Takeuchi TL150. The Takeuchi is an older model and does not have an electrical connector coming to the front of the machine. The Bobcat blade has a 7 pin connector / harness and a printed circuit board on the blade for controling the hydralic solonoids / valve. I'm told that it is possible to bypass the printed circuit board on the dozer blade by just connecting 12 volt dirctly to the valve solenoids. Does anyone have a wiring diagram showing how to do this, or can someone please help me with this. I can bring 12 volt power to the front of the machine and wire in a trailer connector, but I woould need some help taking it from there. Maybe there is a company out there that makes a conversion box?? Would greatly appreciate any help you could offer.
Thanks!

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Check out Skid-Steer Solutions ... he has a made a control box to do what you are looking to do

06Pete

I talked to a bobcat dealer one time and he was telling me about one of his customes that had spent about $10,000 to conect a bobcat grader to a cat skidloader and was still having troubles. I think bobcat is very proud of their advanced systems and don't want them t be used with other machines. With all of the computers and problems I have seen and the poor local bobcat dealer I will steer clear of them for now. I am sure it can be done but the cost might out weigh the benifit. I know this is no help but before you spend a lot it might be cheeper to sell the bobcat blade and buy one that fits. I know the grader has more functions than a blade so maybe it can be done. Good luck!

Bobcatdan

To make a bobcat dozer blade work on your machine would be easy. Bobcat offers an attachment control kit that is very simple and easy to install. The dozer would need a14 pin harness installed. I can can't say for sure cost, maybe $500ish. The 7 pin system works very well, but is a bobcat only system, to use on other brands, the attachmnet has to be converted to the older 14 pin. Bobcat has done the reseach to what it takes to make an attachment to work on other machines. Any saleman worth his salt should be able to figure out what you need in about 5 minute.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
To make a bobcat dozer blade work on your machine would be easy........
Sorry but that is only true if you have a BCat. .....

[/QUOTE]..........Bobcat offers an attachment control kit that is very simple and easy to install. The dozer would need a14 pin harness installed. I can can't say for sure cost, maybe $500ish......[/QUOTE]

......Well That's true again only if you own a BCat...the 14-pin kit is a plug'n play adaptor kit to translate the 7-pin signals to 14-pin 12v signals and ONLY plug'n plays with BCats existing computer or ACD modules that correspond with the on board comp.....

[/QUOTE].....The 7 pin system works very well, but is a bobcat only system, to use on other brands, the attachmnet has to be converted to the older 14 pin. Bobcat has done the reseach to what it takes to make an attachment to work on other machines. [/QUOTE]

It does work very well, but that's why I had to install the 14-pin kit on my BCat so I could use who's ever brand of attachments on my machine .... they want you to by only their attachments for their machines only ..... kinda want to have an exclusive to all future attachments business when you by a BCat .... but as the p*ssing match i've had with them that THEY DO NOT make every kind of attachment available.

If you think that's bad ....rumor has it that the new "M" series machines will not have a 14-pin plug'n play kit available to install as an option.

Again farmerfred, you can check out the availability with Rob @SS Solutions .... i'm not trying to push his stuff, but he has a degree in electrical engineering and that was his peave of why he designed a plug-in module ... all you can do is call him and check it out and get the facts straight of how and what to do.

One thing I have been told is that if you were to remove the attachments ACD on your BCat attachment, you could build a 14-pin harness wired directly on to the solenoids which they say will work with a 12v signal ....... Good-Luck ...... let us know how you make out

Last edited:

Bobcatdan

I installed a 14 pin kit on a S750 on Thursday, took 15 minutes. Bobcat has research everything to make their attachments work on all major manufactors. There is a dealer program that will tell you everything you need to make machine X work on bobcat attachment A, even the hose lenght. The attachment control kit is a simple harness that is hooked to power and gound, small controll box in cab and a 14 pin connector out on the boom arms. From there you add a 14 pin tee harness to the attachment which gives you both 7 and 14 pin. I am sorry, but you do not have a signal idea what you are talking about, why people are so stuborn to talk to dealer who deals with this stuff everyday, I don't know. Yes bobcat wants you buy bobcat attachments, we only offer 90 attachments, all plug and play from the factory on most bobcat equipment.

NCPIPELINE

Occupation
The Fixer
Nice Dan, always an informative. We run Cats, Bobcat, New Holland, and even a few older dingos out here in my shop, we switch and move attachments daily, it is a struggle sometimes, but with the right information ANYTHING can be achieved.

Bobcatdan

For guys with case and nh, their 14 pin matches bobcat's 14 pin. There should be no problem running most bobcat attachments. All newer attachments with electrical connections are 7 pin stock, but a simple harness is all that is needed to convert to 14 pin. As for cat, bobcat offers an adapter harness to go from cat's plug to 14 pin. The adaptions is always going to go to 14 pin. I don't want to say 100% of everthing is covered, but for most, a simple call can make most combos work.

crewchief888

i agree with bobcatdan,
bobcat dealers probably the info you need to run their attachments on competitors eq.
all depends on the guy behind the counter.
we used to have a hard copy of a "what fits what" type attachment manual, ive found most of what i've needed in the attachments section of parts breakdowns

:drinkup

acert

May i be of an assistance sir..

i am a bobcat salesforce. Were you able to have this issue resolved?

If not, let me know

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
May i be of an assistance sir..

i am a bobcat salesforce. Were you able to have this issue resolved?

If not, let me know

Info to go from Cat 8 pin on machine too Bobcat 7 pin attachment with the circuit boarb????

Bobcatdan

Bobcat offers a harness that plugs in between your cat and the attachment. The attachment will need to be converted to 14 pin, simple harness change on the attachment. The harness will allow you to work pretty much any 14 pin attachment. 14 pin is the closes to an industry standard when it comes to electric connections. Beside bobcat, case and NH use 14 pin.

Construct'O

Occupation
Question? Does the 14 pin haress plug into the 7 pin harness,because the 7 pin is wired into the circuit board and then into the solnoid on the valve to lift the attachment.Do i take all that out, the circuit board or what.

Also not sure about the 14 pin is it more common? Cat has 8 pin and my other CTL Deere is wired with just a three way.Geez!!!!!

Sometimes not enough information,need more here for me .Do you have any parts numbers? Thanks

Construct'O

Occupation
Another question is the Deere plug is three plug connect but think it only uses two of the three -power and ground?

The solnoid on the attachmnet where comes out of the circruit board is connected just two wire .What's your guess are they power and ground.There might be a connecter right there but can't remember,if not do i just cut the wires there and connect the 14 pin harness there.As you see confusing to me.Thanks

Bobcatdan

The harness would unplug from the controller and a new "tee" harness is plugged in. Simple weatherpack style connectors. You end up having both a 7 and 14 harness on the machine. The whole reason behind the controller, when on a bobcat, the skid knows what is on the front of it. This way, the bobcat can adjust it controls for each attachment. To make it work on the Deere, the easiest would be an attachment control kit. Little box hooked to power and ground, and a 14 pin connector ran out by the aux couplers. Overall, with the right stuff, it is pretty easy to make most bobcat attachment work on other machines. A simple call to a bobcat partsman worth a darn should be able to give you all answer in about 5 minutes, just tell him what attachment you are trying to run and you want run on a cat. For the Deere you would want the attachment control kit.

Jerry7111

Considering BOBCAT virtually told me to "buzz off" when I told them I had a BOBCAT blade and a CAT skid steer - BOBCAT folks were useless and although they make MANY attachments, most are made BOBCAT specific 'CAUSE they want to force you to own THEIR machine. YES - I spoke to several dealers and they were useless. ONE would think the I am the FIRST person to EVER connect a BOBCAT blade to a CAT skid steer. Currently I am working to replace the entire harness with the connector that will work. I purchased the blade for $2,500 in near new condition and the same thing NEW with CAT or BOBCAT is $6K.

Jerry7111

Thanks but I spoke to 2 BOBCAT parts department people TODAY and they were both useless and have NEVER heard of such. Thanks for trying. :)

FloridaWayne

The parts guys at my dealer didn't have the info for me either. The sales guys actually were the ones to be able to look it up for me as I had the exact same situation. BobcatDan is correct. I will try to find the information if I can as I have not actually gotten around to purchasing the kits. The bobcat information database calls for some kind of controller to be added that talks to the controller on the dozer from what I can tell($500-$700)if memory serves me. Then you also need adapter to the 8 pin to hook into the actual machine.

My controller on the dozer blade is fried so I need to replace it also. Grouser builds the bobcat dozer blade for them and bobcat sends the controller and valve box to grouser. I called grouser to see if they could just bypass the controller. They did not seem to think it could be done. I will just have to try myself as I do not believe anyone without trying myself. They may be correct as I was told that one benefit of the controller setup seems to be that you can feather two things at once with the bobcat 7 pin setup but not without. That seems to make some sense to me after talking to them at grouser. I still want to try hooking up 12v switches directly to the coils to test it myself. The issue would seem to be the valve and coils not being set up to just do 1 thing at a time. I do have a bobcat with 7 pin but would also like the ability to hook up to a caterpillar with the 8 pin sometimes. I hope to solve this for myself sometime soon but have not needed the blade yet so low priority.

I would suggest you call grouser directly as I did. You will likely find out the most from them. You could maybe buy a different valve box and connector directly from them and convert to a straight cat only blade. I was not wanting to solve the problem that way as I still want to use it primarily on my bobcat.

Last edited:

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Go with the 14 pin conversion kit and never look back again. You will be set for all future attachments from Bobcat or-other manufacturers. Easy installation. Directly from Bobcat.
10 minute installation. I run nothing but CAT equipment now but used this conversion to run my previously purchased Bobcat

Last edited: