• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Electric problems with Takeuchi TB180FR Excavator

harascho

Hi,
my names Harry and I am from Germany. Two weeks ago I bought a TB180FR which should help building my daughters house.
We had 1 full day and another 1/2 day of work without any trouble then the TB180 developed some strange things. When the key is turned in the ACC position the control lamps for speed, glow circuit and deceleration start flickering as is the lamp in the auto decel button and the warning buzzer starts chirping. If you start the engine and have choosen a higher speed the deceleration circuit starts pulling on the throttle cable and as a result the enging is revving up and down. If I but the engine speed dial to low it stays in idle but the mentioned warning lamps and the relais for ther decel circuit , the relais for the 4th aux circuit and the valve for the speed are klicking.
I can say I checked everything I could think of: GND problems, potential differences, voltage drops, cable breaks, harness problems, shorts, the whole nine yards. I am an electronic engineer so I know a thing or two about that. I am also working for Bosch Rexroth and our company is in a lot of well known brands of heavy equipment. We have valves, pumps, motors, controllers so I am quite familiar with the standard equipm. of an excavator.
I could not find any problem. Everything points towards the internal controller for all the safety an instrument cluster functions. I read the manuals, studied the electric / hydraulic circuitscontroller_1.JPG dash_1.jpg label_1.JPG speed_valve_1.jpg and the problem got worse.. it comes and goes. Last situation is the problem did disappear, the TB180 was ok and idling for about 15min and then suddenly without any action ( nobody was on the machine...) the problem appeared again. I attach some pics. Did somebody every experience a similar behaviour?
best regards from Germany

cheers

Harald

heymccall

Under the monitor assembly, the harness is contorted and oversized for the available room.
I've had horn issues, travel issues, idiot light flickering, and a few other "gremlins" on all four of my TB180FR machines.
Remove right side console and monitor hardware, and reevaluate when the console isn't fastened.
It has always been a crushed or grounded wire on mine.

michelM

Hallo sir, ich habe auch eine takeuchi tb180 fr und ich habe die gleichen problème wie ihre machine.
Haben sie es geschafft das problème?
Danke und guten tag

Mike Longwell

Sorry to dig up an old thread but did the op ever fix his problem? I'm having an issue with the glow plugs and the rabbit flashing.

berts

Mike did you fix the issue I have the same problem and have replaced the throttle actuator and the instrument cluster display and still have issues

Mike Longwell

No. We have not fixed the problem. My boss rigged it where the throttle would stay open/full. He is gonna take it to the local dealer and get it fixed when we get free time. If I find out the cause and fix I will share what I learned.

Dakota_56

Occupation
Work from home, Jack of all trades
My mini Takeuchi tb225,throttle stopped responding too, and would only idle. I traced my steps back and figured it out. It stooped working after I moved the throttle cable while trying to measure for a block heater for yanmar engine. I pulled the control power fuses and main power fuses, after putting them back in everything worked. Happened again when installing the block heater too ( I moved the throttle cable again I guess) removed the fuses and controls worked again.. note, when the control stopped responding the mini working, You could still start it while the safety lever down..