• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ed's 77 Terex 72-41

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
That red engine sounds a bit lumpy at idle speeds similar to what I think I mentioned about the one in your loader a long time ago. It could just be the recording but the audio on that recording sounds like it came through pretty well to me. A good running 2 cycle engine always has a nice even and clean sound at any RPM.

Bluox

He thinks I need to leave that on there, I told him it would come off and I’d set it up the same as mine.
What is on that motor is a expansion tank , a keel cooler is a heat exchanger in the bottom of a boat.
If that motor is really set up as a marine engine your loader won't have nearly enough radiator.
Bob

mountainguyed67

Bluox knows his stuff. I’d defer to his comments.

He’s saying it’s set up as a marine engine, the option plate says otherwise. I’m thinking the marine engine is a different block, am I right? So it’s a power base that’s set up as a marine engine? Plus he hasn’t said anything about its condition.

DB2

Well Birken V has noted it sounds funny so there’s that. Hard to determine an engines actual condition without seeing it in operation. I’m not trying to dissuade you just keep you objective.

Bluox

Option plate says it’s “power base” application, it has a 4 in the 4th digit place. Marine would be a number 2 in the 4th digit place.
Well then it might be a former marine genset .
If its a water below port block you may have difficulties swaping parts.
Don't let me slow you down. Carry on.
Good luck
Bob

Reactions: DB2