• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ed's 77 Terex 72-41

mountainguyed67

I think you guys aren’t understanding what I’m doing. I will push a momentary button that’ll switch one lever from dump to clamp/unclamp, so I will still have the finesse of the lever. Then I let go of the button and it goes back to dump again.

6-110

Occupation
Retired
My apologies Ed I now understand what you are doing. I guess you realize you will be limited by not being able to use all functions at once.

mountainguyed67

So you’re saying the original Terex way was what you thought I was doing? Open or close, no lever? I’m glad I didn’t find one to buy used, I would have found out the hard way. Actually it sounds like none would have survived.

56wrench

hey, you never told us what you found under the valve cover with the injectors. or did i miss it somewhere?

mountainguyed67

I haven’t made it back up. Now it’s snowing up there, and supposed to be about 13 degrees tonight. I haven’t attempted that driveway with snow on it. It slopes with the hill, and gravity will probably have different ideas than I do. It’s not necessarily put off until spring though, it often warms back up before winter sets in for good. We’ve had a couple years recently with a month and a half of no snow after the first fall snow.

The nearby town 300 feet higher.
8B85F7E0-999B-44AE-864A-AC8746C412EB.jpeg

Also nearby, and 1,200 feet lower.
0841EF4E-5E45-4487-9721-929BBD41AC99.jpeg

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Dang, what's with all the white stuff? Wife and I did two 50+ mile rides on the motorcycles the last couple days, would have done another today but bad headache killed that idea! Had temps in the upper 60's and low 70's for a few days! Might be more the next day or so!

Might want to move from California to Central NY to get away from that stuff, but if you do make it fast cause in a couple weeks I think it will be a bit different here!

mountainguyed67

The loader’s at 5,200 feet in the mountains, that’s what’s will all the white stuff. Ha ha. It doesn’t snow down here where we live. No, I won’t be moving to New York, I know better than that. My wife is from Buffalo originally. I hope it melts off and I can get back up there, we’ll see.

The snow is putting a damper on the fire.
D436044E-0F0F-4BF1-922A-E877247C6E93.jpeg

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
The loader’s at 5,200 feet in the mountains, that’s what’s will all the white stuff. Ha ha. It doesn’t snow down here where we live. No, I won’t be moving to New York, I know better than that. My wife is from Buffalo originally.

Well here near Syracuse we are looking at around 75ºF today, won't make any promises for next Monday!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I looked back on the thread- Nige said on Jul 23 that the cylinder groups were either 6J4513 or 6J4515, the difference being the stroke. Apparently, this application is the longer stroke, but which part no. is the longer stroke is not clear.

Jon.
Sorry, I only just noticed this and should have made it clear earlier.
6J-4513 Cylinder Assy is 19.38" stroke
6J-4515 Cylinder Assy is 23.90" stroke.
Both cylindewrs are 5.00" bore. Difference in parts between the two are the rod and the cylinder barrel. Everything else is the same.