• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

easier way to load a skidsteer/CTL on a tilt trailer?

skata

i bought a new gehl ctl70 and a partial tilt trailer.
the loader sits better on the trailer when it is reversed on. the problem though is that visibilty while backing on to the trailer is bad. i need a spotter.
any ideas as to how i could load the machine myself?
i though of maybe a backup camera on the back of the loader. or maybe some kind of mirror setup.:confused:

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Just line it up good before you get on the trailer and go straight on. Practice is key, you don't need a spotter or camera. I've found that if you have a long enough run at the trailer you can look out the back window, get it squared up far before you ever get to the trailer as you will lose sight of it once you're close.

skata

that's easier said than done.:)
my trailer has fenders. i have about 4 inches clearance on each side.
i dont want to ding up my nice fenders. :D

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
I lift the loader arms just enough to see down to the ground out the rear quarter...almost under your armpit....(phew!!:rolleyes: ) then its like cascade says....practice...I load into a dump truck...reverse up 32 degree ramps and I can't see them at all...and I don't have 4 inches to spare...that would be luxury.

thejdman04

Line it up good, look under yoru arm pit. IF the machine is practically as wide as the trailer watch one side, ive seen so many guys watch too side, see they are getting close to this side scootch over, see they are getting close to that side scooth over look the way they scootched see they are close on that side scootch look the other way, they wag back and forth. Ive loaded petti bones(shoot booms traverses, material handlers wahtever you want to call them) 102" wide on a 102" wide trailer and anyone whose run one of those knows you cant see the other side of the machine/ trailer at all, just run the side you can see up right on the edge of the trailer and you are jsut right.