• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Early 2000's Kubota KX41-2 Hydraulic issues

paulsoccodato

Charter Member
Occupation
contractor
Hello, A friend of mine owns this machine and has been having an issues with several functions being weak or not functioning at all, while others work properly. The Right side track motor is very weak but the left side works perfectly. the machine swings to the left normally while the swing to the right is weak, also the bucket will curl out fine, but it will curl in slowly and is also weak.
He brought the machine to a local Kubota dealer, where they diagnosed it and sold him a new hydraulic pump. After they changed the pump out, the symptoms remained, and the dealer told him that the joysticks were leaking internally and the right side track motor was blown and needed to be changed also. After spending several thousand dollars for seemingly nothing and being told he would be spending several thousands more, He pulled the machine out of their shop and brought it home. Going off of their lead mechanics word, I rebuilt the joysticks with the new spool valves and seals the dealer had already ordered for him , but again, these issues are still there. i removed the floor to the machine and cleaned everything thoroughly. All linkages and controls are moving freely and all are returning to neutral. From the reading i have done, i think the problem could be either the main relief valve or it could be the unloader valve. Do any of you guys know a test procedure for either of them as i cant find anything in the service manual for the machine. The machine was also just serviced while at that dealer, all fluids and filters are new.
thank you