• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ear dimensions

Jim

I know the dimensions on bucket ears are not the same. Each company has their own model. But I am very interested in those. Anyone knows how can I get these data?

Thanks

Iron Horse

We might have to do it the long way , we all each post our machine sizes . My Jonyang 230E has 450mm pin centers , 325mm between the ears and 80mm pins .

Jim

Iron Horse, Jonyang is made in China, Right? How do you feel about it.

Also, do you know "SANY", it is very famous in China.

Iron Horse

They run all the good gear and are very affordable . Rubber quality from China has always been crook tho . The other day an 'O' ring on the control bank blew and shot the Turbo with hydraulic oil , it is just lucky it did not go up in flames . When i replaced it i could tell the 'O' ring was of poor quality and i will need to replace them all with better ones . I have heard of Sany but don't know anything about them . Have a look in the thread i started about my machine , theres a lot of info by others about Chinese excavators in it .

elundell

Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
"we all post our machine sizes"

I am interested in pin up information because I work for a company tha makes attachments. Right now I am compiling a list of pin up data for all machines and I am searcing for as much information as I can find. Do you know where on this site I can find more pin data?

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
"we all post our machine sizes"

Do you know where on this site I can find more pin data?

I am pretty sure there is no list on this site with reference to pin sizes and spacings. There are quite a few comments in different threads about it but no seperate list.

I think IronHorses comment was a bit tounge in cheek as i am sure he like me saw where the question came from, eg a possible manufacturer rather than a fellow member with a specific question.

If I was a manufacturer of aftermarket attachments I would contact the different manufacturers and request the info.

Nobody is going to spend 20 or 30 years in business compiling that type of information and then just give it away. That wouldn't be very smart. Some of the Factories don't even trust some of the attachment manufacturers that have been in business for 40 - 50 years with all the hook-up info.

Also, a lot of them have non-compete and confidentiallity agreements with their suppliers that won't allow them to give away the attachment mounting info. Many of the Factories won't even share that info with their own dealers.

It seems crazy, but it's true.

It takes a long time to build up industry wide relationships with all the different people in all the different companies who control that type of information. And then there are hirings, firings, buy-outs, restructuring of companies, etc.

If you were Ford, would you give the plans to build a Mustang GT to Chevy.

That's how they make their money.

Occupation
CEO Roo Attachments
Well my company has a very very long list of them and if anyone needs a sizing for there own job or something I would be happy to help out with a size or two but as Fred said no one is going just to post a whole list of it as it took a long time to get them all.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I don't think there is a big secret about it, it's simply a lack of interest on the part of the manufacturers to contibute to a database of measurements that would not be of the slightest benefit to them in the long run. Any decent manufacturer will make specifications available via their dealers if they are asked.