• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Eager beaver pintle hook gvw rating help

dieseldog5.9

Bought an air brake tag trailer that I am told is a 1986 eager beaver. I think they only made a few models of this trailer, and it does look right. I was under the assumption it is a 20 ton trailer, however the tires capacity only adds up to 30,000 lbs, how much does the pintle hook count for? And how much do I register it for? No registration or title or vin to reference.

Tags

No tag on the trailer tongue or tags on the axles? Somebody could have just gotten cheap with the tires....

Truck Shop

It's a good chance the pintle was manufactured by Premier. Look for a four digit number cast into it and check their online catalog. Those hitches haven't changed much
over the years.

Truck Shop

dieseldog5.9

No tags, yes it has air brakes, 8.25 r15 tires, the deck is 17ft with a 5 ft beaver tail. I think it is 20 ton, thought for some reason they made a 9 ton and a 20 ton back in the 80's so this would be a 20 ton.

heymccall

Tires (assuming duals and tandem) add up to 14ish ton.
My 40DLA Interstate (20 ton) tires add up to 20 ton, and the gvw is 46ton.
I'm guessing you have a 16ton trailer.